Market Associate, Homes (Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
About the job
We’re looking for a Market Associate to join our rapidly growing Homes team at Hopper. In this role, you will sell Hopper’s offering to a portfolio of short-term rental owners in the strategic markets in the US. You will ensure that their listings are well positioned to sell on Hopper so customers have the best conversion & most available bookable nights at the best price.
You will join a fast-paced new vertical at Hopper, building the best vacation rental platform in the industry. Passion for customer delight, scrappiness, and an ambitious spirit are crucial to success at Hopper and vital to developing amazing partnerships with property owners. This role is dedicated to supporting and developing supply in our top-tier markets, driving our product to win against the competition in major vacation destinations.
- 1-2 years experience in a business development or sales role
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales performance goals
- Excellent people skills; you are able to build & maintain long-term relationships
- Polished written and verbal communications skills; presenting ideas and directives clearly and persuasively
- Strong project management skills, allowing you to take a deal from inception all the way to completion
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast-changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- “Get the sale” - use all available sales channels to acquire target supply in your assigned market to achieve our acquisition targets
- Conduct discovery calls with prospective hosts to better understand their needs and help form an narrative as to why they should list their home on Hopper
- Project manage deals from prospecting all the way through to onboarding. Being organized is critical.
- Be a market owner; build a network in your market, get to know the players, earn referrals, and host events.
- Be entrepreneurial: develop new sales strategies and innovate on existing processes and tactics for your region
- Share best sales practices with your teammates to help scale the function and upskill your peers
- Support the Hopper Homes Individual host strategy as an early contributor and foundational hire to a new vertical
- Interface with internal Product and Onboarding teams to assist in the building of solutions for hosts to maximize their performance on Hopper
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (CAN)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?