Senior Mobile User Acquisition Manager, Europe Marketplace
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2022
We’re looking for a Senior User Acquisition Manager to join our growth team to support Hopper’s European market expansion.
Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2020. In fact, Hopper is recovering faster than the sector at large and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travelers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control. In 2021, Hopper will enter Europe, one of the largest travel markets.
You might be a great fit for our team if you are excited about creating large-scale digital advertising campaigns, tracking and analyzing performance data, adjusting strategy in real-time to optimize results and spending most of your day between Facebook Ads, Snapchat Ads, Tiktok Ads, AppsFlyer, Amplitude and spreadsheets.
In this position you will
- Deploy a multi-million dollar marketing budget to generate millions of installs every month for an app loved and used by travelers around the world
- Create, manage and scale user acquisition campaigns on different channels like Facebook, Snapchat, Google, influencers, etc.
- Track and report on campaign performance using advanced LTV and cohorts analysis. Uncover growth and optimization opportunities with your own data queries and pivot tables
- Sort through well-known and unconventional user acquisition channels and set up tests to measure how well they perform and scale. Come up or discuss new test ideas for existing or new channels and campaigns
- Collaborate with the data science, product and engineering teams on tracking, product features or internal APIs challenges
- Represent Hopper and lead the mobile travel industry in all things UA. Work hand in hand with the travel teams at Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Google (amongst many others) to make of Hopper an example to follow
Minimum and preferred qualifications
- Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years experience with paid user acquisition at scale on multiple channels including social mediaStrong experience with analytics and tracking tools.
- A great mix of creative and analytical thinking
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals.
- You should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
- Preferred qualifications
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Smartly, Google Analytics.
- Experience marketing to international markets
- Fluent in German, Spanish and other languages
Compensation and Benefits
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?