Corporate Communications Specialist (12 Month Contract)
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist to help us build, foster and continually improve brand recognition and reputation for Hootsuite globally. You’ll be working with internal and external stakeholders to drive a leadership position for Hootsuite through external communications. While working remotely or in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office, you will report our Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support the creation of press releases, speaking proposals, briefing materials, blog posts, bylines, emails, and other communications material as necessary to help reinforce Hootsuite’s leadership in social media management
- Track and analyze media coverage to regularly share with stakeholders, and to inform future campaigns.
- Post media relations successes via internal communications channels and on the Hootsuite website to extend the reach of our team’s work
- Regularly conduct social listening both around Hootsuite and generally, identify key storylines where Hootsuite’s social listening expertise can support journalists
- Support the preparation of award applications and speaking opportunity requests
- Organize, schedule, and support in preparing key leaders for press interviews, support executive thought leadership.
- Conduct research and analyze public opinion to help understand Hootsuite’s positioning amid its competitors and advise our communications approach
- Support department planning, identifying ways to elevate Hootsuite’s profile both locally and globally and connect with our audience through events, social media, press conferences, community relations programs, PR initiatives, or new product/brand launches.
- Nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help tell the stories that matter to our customers, partners and employees on our communication channels
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Considerable relevant experience with PR and/or corporate communications experience
- Strong writing skills, with a focus on accuracy, creativity and persuasion
- Able to clearly articulate complex ideas or technology
- Work within both public and private companies preferred; SaaS and/or tech industry experience preferred
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?