Group Product Manager, Product Growth
We’re looking for an exceptional Group Product Manager (GPM) to lead our Product Growth portfolio, responsible over four product areas: Activation, Engagement, Expansion and Product Communications. Product Growth’s mandate is to help customers find value in our Social Media Marketing solutions across the customer lifecycle. With a Product-Led Sales motion, you will drive revenue by focusing on adoption, engagement, and retention.
As GPM you will play a vital hybrid captain-coach role in our organization - as a strategist, individual contributor, and manager of Product Managers. Working closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing leaders across the company, you will be the driver for product planning, delivery, and commercial success of a multi-track roadmap that contributes meaningfully to a world-class SaaS product and user experience.
Reporting to the Director, you will embody exemplary product leadership by putting customers first, focusing on outcomes over outputs, collaborating by design, and continuously applying lessons learned. You’ll be the influential voice at the centre of Hootsuite experience, working on defining and driving product-led strategy for the portfolio, while representing our customer’s needs related to social media engagement, automation, Dashboard, and more. Ultimately, you will be responsible and accountable for customer outcomes -- as evidenced through usage, business results, and customer success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage direct reports, including hiring selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices, including DE&I.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design leaders to set and achieve a strategy, vision, targets and objectives.
- Own the creation, evolution and communication of your portfolio’s prioritized roadmap and plans - aligned with our mission, business goals, and customer needs.
- Lead by example while hiring, managing, guiding and coaching Product Managers in their growth and development as highly effective PMs, in alignment with Hootsuite’s values and leadership principles.
- Derive insights from qualitative and quantitative data about customers, competitors, analysts, and commercial activities to validate hypotheses, set KPIs, and inform your decisions.
- Build and refine scalable processes, models and frameworks to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration with other teams.
- Act as a knowledge hub: Product knowledge (e.g. users, customers, data, industry, domain, operations) and techniques (e.g. product discovery, prioritization, collaboration models, KPI setting, process optimization).
- Partner closely with Product Marketing and customer-facing teams to effectively bring functionality to market and drive business value.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Know-how: You have a post-secondary degree in computer science, business, engineering, or equivalent work experience in product management in a software development environment. Experience in enterprise SaaS or marketing software, with technical or management experience, is a plus
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Leader. You will be a living example of our guiding principles: Step up, One Team, Customer Obsessed, Go Fast / Be Agile, Play to Win, Neighbours & Allies.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?