Senior Network Developer
We are looking for a Senior Network Developer, reporting to our IT Infrastructure Manager, who can develop, deploy and support our global network and network services. You will deliver best practice and high quality network infrastructure and service designs to manage our network resources, both local and cloud-based. The successful candidate will need to support on-call work and be able to travel to other Hootsuite offices from time to time. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Manager, IT Infrastructure Services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, manage and continuously improve the organization's global network, including in-office and remote connectivity to cloud-based networking infrastructure
- Develop, secure and deploy networking services leveraging Infrastructure as code tooling and methodology
- Lead the design and deployment of new office network builds, services and service offerings
- Provide hands on networking and network services expertise to ensure maximum client uptime
- Establish and implement the technology plan and direction for Hootsuite’s global network and IT’s implementation of Infrastructure as code
- Responsible for monitoring and alerting of the state of all network services across Hootsuite, and actioning when needed
- Collaborate with teammates and stakeholders across Hootsuite to support established policies, procedures, and configurations and implement best practices
- Lead or collaborate with project management and subject matter experts to provide technical feasibility, specifications and estimates for project level work related to Hootsuite’s global network
- Establish and maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance and quality in all delivered services
- Provide technical advice, act as a role model for your teammates, and flawlessly execute complex plans
- Define and prioritize the creation of new documentation and keep existing documentation up to date
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making skills around scope, timelines, and resources
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven Experience in networking design and services administration experience, preferably in a SaaS environment or ISP with a track record of contributions to network and Infrastructure as code projects with high business impact
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing network and infrastructure services, including VPN, in a cloud-based enterprise environment
- Experience working with and deploying Palo Alto and Meraki based network infrastructure, including Prisma Access, Panorama and Global Protect
- Experience designing complex, multi-service network deployments, and implementing and optimizing enterprise wireless technologies
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate and CCNP/PCNSE or equal certification/experience
- Experience with AWS Transit Gateways & Route 53
- Experience with PKI (SecureW2 experience a bonus)
- Familiarity in scripting (Python, bash/shell, Powershell)
- Familiarity developing and deploying services using Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?