VP, Digital Experience
We are looking for a Vice President of Digital Experience to lead the Hootsuite Design team. You’ll provide executive leadership to our Design, UX and Research teams with ownership of our digital portfolio. You will partner closely with fellow leaders in Product Management, Engineering and our Go To Market functions to craft an easy to use, seamless and delightful experience for our customers. While working in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), or in one of Hootsuite’s offices, you will report to our Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define and communicate a clear and comprehensive mission, vision and strategy for the global Digital Experience team that is easily comprehended by internal and external stakeholders including the Product Development Leadership team.
- Lead, grow and retain a strong team of diverse and inclusive product designers, copywriters and researchers. Build a best of breed, customer-focused, innovative organization that makes our customer experience a competitive advantage.
- Provide customer-centric leadership by engaging with customers regularly to understand their needs
- Provide design leadership and management of staff, including selection, coaching, mentoring, development and performance management and all other people-management practices, including DE&I.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to cultivate strong relationships with peer groups and the company's leadership. Lead cross-product, project, program, and executive engagement and communication efforts.
- Partner with Brand Marketing for ongoing improvement of best practices and standards for our brand across all touchpoints. This will include evaluating product aesthetic and being a strong voice for Hootsuite in the broader product community, serving as executive sponsor on customer accounts.
- Envision and oversee the delivery of a highly extensible design system that enables our product development team to scale features that are consistent with our experience philosophy. Be an advocate and provide support systems that enable teams to easily onboard and use the design system.
- Lead the thought leadership and plan the development and execution of the user experience, service design, and user research disciplines for the company. Responsible for the continuous efforts to iterate and improve the company-wide understanding of our ICP’s end-to-end customer journey.
- Drive best practices for service design, user experience and user research, ensuring that the team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work with cross-functional peers across the organization to advocate for the importance of design and research with our customer at the center as co-creator. Drive the adoption of wider CX strategy and experience best practices.
- Guide the team in defining and prioritizing strategic user research and design needs to ensure that research insights inform experience decisions while guaranteeing the overall quality of design output and its contribution to business objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 15+ years of UX or related experience inclusive of designing SaaS products with Agile teams or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A degree in a related field or equivalent experience in interactive design, information architecture, industrial design, graphic design, or human factors is preferred
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and best practices including usability testing, user research and customer journey mapping ant JTBD frameworks
- Design skills including service design and strategic design methods. Information architecture, prototyping, user research, and visual design
- Strong background in product research
- Effective communication as a writer, presenter, and facilitator; equally at ease speaking with developers, partners, customers or executives
- Familiarity with the value of design systems, understanding reuse and scale, and knowing when to contribute to make them better
- Ability to lead design across all channels including web for both responsive and native mobile
- Proven track record in building collaborative partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in a global software-as-a-service (SaaS) or other technology-based company across multiple time zones.
- A digital portfolio we can review online is required
- Inclusive Leadership: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Play to Win: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Long Range Planning: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Enablement: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?