Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
About HiMama and Our Mission:
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business and certified B Corporation that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Our goal is to empower early childhood educators with affordable tools that enable them to improve developmental outcomes for the children they work with, while educating parents about the importance of their work. If you are excited about being part of a high-growth tech company focused on making a difference in a highly impactful industry, HiMama is the place for you!
We're on the hunt for enthusiastic individuals with a can-do attitude who want to be a part of a fast-paced, work-hard, start-up environment. At HiMama we celebrate wins, make positive change in the world, and have fun with friends all at the same time, every day. And as an Account Manager, you will be working directly to empower Early Childhood Educators and influence learning outcomes for children aged zero to five.
The Account Management Team
The AM team at HiMama is a high-energy, close-knit, and ambitious team that is striving to drive accelerated growth of our business! This includes influencing product and marketing decisions, problem solving, and a whole lot of persuasion. Every day is a new challenge and every team member has a lot of responsibility, but we work closely together to ensure everyone is kicking butt in their role.
The Account Manager Role
We’re looking for passionate, ambitious and confident Account Managers who want to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. Ideal candidates enjoy connecting with customers as much as they love the challenge of hitting individual and team targets. They get excited when presented with a new challenge and have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Finally, they’re looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents. Working with a social enterprise they’ll have the opportunity to improve outcomes for hundreds of thousands of children worldwide.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will own a customer portfolio (approx. 500 accounts) and be responsible for increasing their value and managing their success
- Calling existing HiMama customers to proactively uncover pain points to generate opportunities for upsell and cross-sell
- Booking and managing online demos; You will be responsible for prospecting, discovery, presentation, negotiating and closing opportunities with existing accounts
- Handling price normalizations and upcoming renewals
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes to improve team efficiency and customer outcomes
- Collaborating with other teams and departments to ensure the success of your customers
- Consistently meeting monthly, quarterly and annual individual and team targets
- Ensuring your customers have an amazing HiMama experience!
What We're Looking For:
- Post secondary education or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of full time related experience in a transactional Sales role
- Experience with transactional / fast sales cycles, preferably in B2B
- Excellent discovery, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and G-Suite
- Highly organized with ability to multitask, prioritize time while maintaining attention to detail
- Have previously carried a sales quota
- Metrics driven - motivated to achieve and surpass individual and team targets
- Active listening and problem solving skills
- Confidence to manage difficult situations and conversations
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily navigate apps and software
- Strong propensity to always learn and improve in your role
- Thinking outside-the-box to drive innovation and change
Experience in the Ed Tech sales field or ECE is a plus!
Don’t have all the requirements but convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you!
• Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely
• Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision
• Paid time off, including vacation, personal days, paid sick days, and paid volunteer days
• Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
• Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect”, or modified testing. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required. If you have questions about HiMama's accommodation process, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.