Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
About HiMama and Our Mission:
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business and certified B Corporation that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Our goal is to empower early childhood educators with affordable tools that enable them to improve developmental outcomes for the children they work with, while educating parents about the importance of their work. If you are excited about being part of a high-growth tech company focused on making a difference in a highly impactful industry, HiMama is the place for you!
We're a mission-minded B Corp that provides a top-rated all-in-one software solution with a proven track record of partnering with early childcare programs across North America and globally. At HiMama, we are committed to the childcare market and provide wraparound support for every one of the needs associated with creating and running a high-quality program for children and families. We help administrators effectively manage their program, delight and engage families, develop their educators’ knowledge and skills, and deliver high-quality, research-based teaching and caregiving experiences.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Product Manager to join our ambitious team!
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for discovery, solutioning, and executing against a roadmap of features and functionality that supports our core offerings and impacts more than 35,000 happy customers, all of whom are deeply engaged in the care and development of young children:
Teachers - For early childhood educators, HiMama delivers on a promise of positive early learning outcomes by focusing on the foundational tools for essential caregiving support, lesson planning, content creation, and curriculum delivery. It strengthens school-to-home connections, building positive relationships between the teacher and home caregivers. And, it supports educators’ personal and professional growth.
Administrators - For preschool owners/directors, HiMama is a back-office tool for setting up and successfully running a center or program, making administrative tasks such monitoring center activity, administrative reporting, collecting tuition payments, and communicating with parents easier so that Administrators can spend more time doing what they love.
Families & Caregivers - For families, HiMama is a direct window into their child’s experience at school, fostering a critical connection to school life and activities. HiMama facilitates trust through highly engaging sharing and communication tools. It does so an all-in-one app for parents to interact with every stage of their child’s journey through care, providing continuity of education and care and giving insights into their child’s development.
You'll do well in this role if...
You are an experienced Product Manager who is highly motivated by executing with excellence and who has demonstrated proficiency in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to implementation. You have developed strong interpersonal skills that allow you to lead through influence and communicate effectively, especially when there is a need to unify around a common goal. You understand the drivers and inputs that inform a roadmap and have a keen ability to ruthlessly prioritize, simplify the complex, and keep projects moving on time.
We're Looking for a Product Manager to:
Deliver product solutions that fit our higher level company strategy and business goals
- Own the 3-6 month roadmap for your product stream
- Collaborate closely with designers and engineers and product leadership to imagine the best solutions through research, discovery, ideation, etc. within the problem spaces you’ve identified
- Guide the delivery of these solutions by working closely with the product team and stakeholders across the org
- Collaborate with product leaders and cross-functional teams to inform and execute the go to market strategies
Work within and facilitate our agile processes as part of a leadership triad
- Inform the roadmap for your product stream by implementing and prioritizing a customer-focused feedback loop, continuous discovery tactics, and an understanding of the technical and functional requirements of a given product
- Know when and how to bring designers, engineers and other stakeholders together to create the best solutions
- Implement programs and tools to coordinate necessary steps and stakeholders across the business, at all stages of product life cycle
- Have first-hand knowledge of how to tie product discovery and efficient delivery together to build best-in-class software
Bring a robust set of tools and data practices for shaping product vision and delivering against business outcomes
- Display a passion for the customer experience, prioritizing it at all times
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making skills in the face of conflict and compromise
- Prioritize features and projects within a problem space
- Frame problems, validate assumptions, and de-risk solutions
- Establish metrics and KPIs that align to the higher business goals
- Make informed and confident decisions on how and when to move forward
- 3+ years of Product Management and within Agile product development
- Experience with user research and data driven approach
- Experience within the context of our industry (child care, early education) or business type (B2B SaaS, marketplaces) is a plus
At HiMama you'll get to work every day on a suite of products that help to promote the development of young children!
Don’t have all the requirements but convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you!
• Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely
• Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision
• Paid time off, including vacation, personal days, paid sick days, and paid volunteer days
• Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
• Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect”, or modified testing. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required. If you have questions about HiMama's accommodation process, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.