Helcim is searching for a Cybersecurity Specialist to be responsible for maintaining and improving upon our internal security posture. If you are passionate about information security, penetration testing, and enjoy working with multiple teams, then this is the ideal role for you!
As a member of the security team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects that collaborate with multiple stakeholders. This role will provide a unique opportunity to use your cybersecurity skills by performing analysis to identify, resolve, and report the resolution of issues and make improvements. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
- Design, test, and implement security policies and guidelines to protect Helcim and address risks
- Conduct vulnerability or penetration testing, security audits, and analyze security breaches to identify root causes and improvements.
- Develop metrics, conducts risk analysis, and recommends specific and preventive measures that improve Helcim’s security capabilities
- Guide infrastructure and application architecture to influence secure designs
- Monitor and respond to security alerts
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in Cybersecurity
Things you could be working on:
- Designing and implementing improvements to our security alerting infrastructure
- Developing strategies for mitigating attacks such as DDOS, SQL injection, application-level DOS, etc
- Planning and conducting tabletop exercises to assess the effectiveness of incident response plans
- 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity or a similar role
- Experience working with and advising multiple teams on how to address risk and security challenges
- Proficient with scripting languages
- Experience with PCI-DSS compliance is an asset
- Strong communication skills
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021 and 2022, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button at the link below.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and be located in Calgary for this position. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) at home.