Intermediate Full-Stack Engineer
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
You have worked as part of small to medium-sized teams and participated in planning, designing, and shipping small-to-medium scale applications. You contribute to building robust, reusable, and user friendly web components, designing and deploying platform APIs, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You are excited about building a new product from the ground up while growing your skills. You have an eye for design and strong attention to detail.
Day to Day
- Write production-ready code that is performance optimized, easily testable and understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Work with Product Managers and Software Developers to collaboratively define the product roadmap
- Communicate with the team through our productivity tools (Slack, Notion and GitHub)
- Participate in a culture of documentation and knowledge sharing
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, work together on your personal growth and objectives
- You live and work within 3 Hours of Eastern Standard Time
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a software developer role
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of client-side tooling such as Webpack, Storybook and testing libraries (we use Tap and Jest)
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Fastify, OpenAPI Spec)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of back-end development stack (Node.js, PostreSQL, Redis)
- Experience reviewing code and giving constructive feedback to peers
- Eligible for Full-Time employment in Canada
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of React and key React patterns and libraries (e.g. data fetching, state management, etc.)
- Experience with a styling framework such as Tailwind, Styled Components, Emotion or others
- Experience with Next.js, Remix or using React without a framework
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (GCP, CloudFlare)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
Why Choose #paid?
- We are a group of passionate and thoughtful people working together to fundamentally change the way brands are built, while empowering creators to make a living doing what they love
- We are growing quickly! Plus, #paid is the second-highest-rated platform on the popular G2 Crowd software review website
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental, and health benefits, team lunches, and socials (yes, even remotely!)
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our team values and are always trying to make #paid a better company today than it was yesterday
- We encourage learning, growth, continuous improvement, and provide the freedom to experiment
Every application is reviewed by a human and will receive a response within 5 business days. Qualified candidates will be invited to 4 virtual interviews across 2 days.
1. Hiring Manager Interview (30 mins). We want to learn more about your experience and interests at this stage. You will also learn about the engineering team and decide if #paid is the right fit for you.
2. Meet the team (60 mins). You will meet Product, Design and Engineering team members to learn how you collaborate across these disciplines. You will also have an opportunity to ask about our team structure and culture.
3. Technical Interview (60 mins). Meet with our developers and do a real time code review of a small PR. Walk them through your analysis and how you interpret the code. Chime in with suggestions from your previous projects - the code review is a conversation starter about your experience in your career so far.
4. Executive Interview (30 mins). Intended to cover your skills in collaboration and communication, as well as to provide a final opportunity for you to ask any lingering questions about the company strategy.
Note: this is an outline of interviewing at #paid. The interview process may vary depending on your experience.
In order to foster skill growth and guide team members to improve themselves and others, we document a set of core skills & competencies that each team member need to have or achieve in order to be effective
Take a look at our README on Github
Read our blog: Banknotes
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.