CX, Director (18-month contract)
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
You lead and develop our Client Success function, managing an award-winning team of high-performing Client Success Managers focused on providing best-in-class customer experience. We care deeply about solving client pain points, going above and beyond in service, and coming to the table with thoughtful and scalable solutions. We are looking for someone to join who shares these values and is ready to execute against them every day.
You are client-obsessed and laser-focused on the value and experience that you and your team bring to the client’s journey both pre and post-sale. As the Director, you empower your team to be the day-to-day superheroes of client communication, campaign execution, and account expansion, while you focus on the overarching strategy, vision, and strategic cross-functional initiatives that drive meaningful top and bottom line impact. You will leverage knowledge from your own experience with high-touch Enterprise clients to implement process, systems, and tools that your team will use to support and grow with our clients. Reporting directly to the VP of CX and Operations, you will monitor and share insights on expansion, retention, Net Promoter Score, margin, escalations, resolution time, and other key metrics to the broader company, your senior peers, and the Leadership Group.
Day to Day
- Directly manage Client Success team members and managers, responsible for supporting all of our clients–from small and medium business through to enterprise (with a particular focus on high-touch enterprise accounts)
- Ownership over organizational KPIs such as retention, expansion, and NPS (which is at an industry leading average of 70)–you are accountable to achieving the quarterly and yearly targets you set with your VP to measure the success of the function
- Accountable and responsible for your team’s employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) and action gaps and opportunities both proactively and reactively in a timely manner
- Lead regular Client Success team meetings and synthesize feedback and insights to share with the Leadership group or across functions to initiate and implement better solutions
- Work closely with Client Success Managers to understand overarching themes and gaps in our experience and develop the tactics and strategies that creatively solve problems and improve overall value to clients
- Drive rigorous monthly reviews with a cross functional group comprised of CS, Sales, and Strategy to assess and collaborate on account growth and expansion
- Run regular 1:1 meetings with your team members to support progression towards growth goals as well as coach across a variety of skill sets including value articulation, executive interaction, risk identification, and account strategy and expansion planning
- Regular 1:1s with your VP to work through and collaboratively create and implement solutions to gaps identified in the team’s process and knowledge–these weekly meetings will also address how you’re progressing towards your own career goals
- Run quarterly reviews with the Client Success Managers, providing detailed feedback, while collaborating on an action plan to support them with their growth
- You work closely with other department leaders including Sales, Product, Marketing, and Data to solve cross functional challenges and surface opportunities to work stronger together to accomplish targets and Top Company Objectives
- You are responsible for hiring and onboarding world class Client Success Managers and ensuring they ramp within onboarding timelines. You will also develop and manage incentive structures that drive outcome-driven performance management and retention
- You have 10+ years of experience in client-facing roles and are especially adept with the high-touch full service Enterprise segment; 6+ years in a management capacity driving teams to achieve and exceed retention and NPS goals
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, initiative, and creative problem solving. You care about people and their growth and understand the difference between an individual contributor and a leader is that you’re behind the spotlight, not in front
- Proven experience in developing and implementing successful Client Success playbooks, process, and systems which continuously improve client satisfaction, retention, and growth in the high-touch full service Enterprise segment
- Bias for action and ability to achieve objectives and goals with optimistic energy and tenacity to defeat barriers
- Deep expertise developing the plans and tactics needed to influence change successfully across many teams and functions
- Capable of forging new client relationships both directly and through team coaching, including outbound programs when necessary
- Possess the ability to adapt your management style according to team members' experience. This can range from guiding junior team members in writing critical emails or preparing for important calls, to managing more experienced members through organization KPIs and cross-functional initiatives
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a preference for demonstrated success in startup settings or a high level of comfortability with ambiguity and rapid change, showcasing adaptability and resourcefulness in navigating evolving landscapes
- Self-starter who proactively drives key initiatives with minimal direction, and can wear many hats, sometimes at the same time
- A growth mindset, where you always strive to be better today than you were yesterday, and are constantly learning with the goal of becoming a master of your craft and always pausing to deeply understand the root cause of a problem before jumping in to experiment on solutions
- An ownership mindset, where you take 100% responsibility and always ask "how can I solve this problem" versus passing challenges off as "someone else's problem"
- Own the details. Creating a world class customer experience takes extraordinary organization and you ensure our team delivers by recording and organizing our data, having it easily accessible and up to date, and delivering real-time communication and updates as clients and business objectives evolve
- Clients love you! You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are invaluable in leading strategic conversations with C-suite clients. Your team will look to you for support in learning how to maintain a high standard of professionalism and service to clients at all times
- You know how to leverage technology to make your life and your team’s lives easier. You’ve worked with tools like Salesforce, Notion, Zendesk, Slack, Gong, and the entire Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Looker, Gmail) in previous roles
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.