Partnerships, Talent Relations Manager
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
The Talent Relations Manager at #paid plays a crucial role in fostering positive relationships with our talent roster and their representatives. This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day interactions with our network of talent agencies, ensuring their needs are met, and facilitating effective communication between talent and various departments within the company. The Talent Relations Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for talent-related inquiries and concerns.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Talent Relations Manager to join our Partnerships team who will support sales by leveraging our specialized creator network. Your main KPIs will include pipeline generation and bookings.
Key Responsibilities - Primary
- Talent Liaison: Act as the main point of contact for talent agency relationships and creators ensuring a smooth and positive working relationship throughout all phases of their engagement with the company.
- Talent Agency Partnerships: Identify and scope potential talent agency partners, and manage ongoing relationships to expand our talent pool and improve talent representation.
- Communication Facilitation: Foster clear and effective communication between talent, their representatives, and internal teams including sales, strategy, and CX.
- RFP support- support strategy and sales, by building out creator slides for proposals.
- Support Marketing initiatives and sales events- Source and invite talent to events, managing all communication, logistics and organization.
- Rate Negotiation: Negotiate talent rates within campaign budgets to ensure profitability while providing competitive compensation to talent.
- Onboarding and platform logistic management- support talent questions, onboarding, troubleshooting, and other #paid questions to build relationships and ensure a positive experience.
- Problem Resolution: Address and resolve any issues or concerns raised by talent promptly and professionally, maintaining a high level of satisfaction and trust.
Key Responsibilities - Secondary
- Proactive Sales Pitches: Collaborate with the sales team to develop proactive sales pitches and strategies that leverage our talent network to attract potential clients and sponsors while negotiating rates within campaign budgets to maintain margins.
- User Experience Optimization: Work closely with the product team to gather user feedback, identify pain points, and implement enhancements to optimize the talent agency user experience on our platform.
- Process Refinement: Continuously finesse processes with cross-functional teams to ensure a smoother workflow, enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in talent relations and campaign management.
- Data Collection for CRM: Partner with the Senior Partnerships Program Manager to collect and maintain the necessary data to update our CRM system, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information for talent and agency relationships.
- Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging talent in the creator, celebrity, and athlete spaces to provide recommendations for potential collaborations. You have a vested interest in the creator economy and deeply understand trends and what makes creator content perform.
- Emerging platforms: Stay updated on emerging platforms, and the top creators. Ex. Twitch, and podcasts.
- You’re passionate and well-versed in the digital marketing space. You keep up-to-date with social media trends and understand how influencer marketing fits into a client’s overall marketing strategy.
- You have 3+ years in a digital campaign execution role for agencies and/or brands or partnerships at technology companies.
- You are passionate about creators and creator content, you live and breathe TikTok and Instagram and are part of the creator culture.
- You thrive in creating strong and trusting relationships.
- You have a strong testing mindset and thrive in ambiguity.
- Out of the box thinker who can creatively search for and source talent for niche sales ask.
- Self-starter who can drive key initiatives with minimal direction, and can wear many hats, sometimes at the same time.
- A growth mindset, where you always strive to be better today than you were yesterday, and are constantly learning with the goal of becoming a master of your craft.
- An ownership mindset, where you take 100% responsibility and always ask "how can I solve this problem" vs. passing challenges off as "someone else's problem".
- A team player–you enjoy learning from others, especially those who are more experienced. You like helping your team grow and enjoy contributing to their overall success.
- Own the details. Creating a world class partner experience takes extraordinary organization and you ensure our team delivers by recording and organizing our data, having it easily accessible and up to date, and delivering real-time communication and updates as partners evolve.
- You can juggle and balance competing priorities. You have experience toggling between tactical strategies to satisfy partners and strategic plans to work with Sales in expanding partner streams.
- Partners love you! You have excellent written and oral communication skills and maintain a high standard of professionalism to partners at all times.
- You know how to leverage technology to make your life and your team’s lives easier. You’ve worked with tools like Salesforce, Notion, Slack, and the entire Google Suite in previous roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.