Sales Development Representative, Inbound
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
As an SDR you’ll be a part of bringing our vision to life. We need your help to get marketers excited about partnering with creators.
If you're successful
- Prospects will understand why they should partner with #paid
- They’ll understand what you’re communicating
- You’ll be praised for your creative outreach
- You’ll guide new customers through our Self-Serve options
- You’ll run thorough prospects through thorough qualification to determine if we’re a good fit
- You’ll do everything possible to learn about marketing at consumer brands and the creator economy
- You’ll listen carefully to diagnose hidden desires, goals, challenges and fears in prospects
- And of course, our Sales Team will have their calendars filled with meetings you booked
To get to this point, you’ll need to do these three things
- Build a creative outreach plan to triage inbound contacts
- Make an impression as a Thought Leader at networking events
- Partner with Sales leadership to fine-tune Inbound processes
- Qualify to understand if we’re targeting properly (and then work with the team to iterate)
Of course, it’s not easy
- You’ll need to know our customer better than anyone
- You’ll have to be resilient and persevere until we build consistency in messaging and tactics
- You’ll need to take initiative and be resourceful to get what you need—cadence building, messaging, content, etc.
- Be comfortable and confident with in-person events, calling, emailing, public speaking and creating content to share with your prospects
You’re perfect for the role if
- You’re curious and constantly learning new things
- You have prior experience in a sales, business development or marketing role
- You can speak and write really well
- Your first instinct isn’t to do what everyone else is doing
- You’re a people person—you love to connect online, email, phone, or face-to-face
- You didn’t just send your resume in through our website and sit back until we contacted you
- We are a group of passionate and thoughtful people working together to fundamentally change the way brands are built while empowering creators to make a living doing what they love
- We are growing quickly! Plus, #paid is the highest-rated platform on the popular G2 Crowd software review website
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental and health benefits, team lunches, and socials (yes, even remotely!)
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our team values and are always trying to make #paid a better company today than it was yesterday
- We encourage learning, growth, continuous improvement and provide the freedom to experiment
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.