Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
#paid is looking for an inquisitive, creative and data-driven Strategist to join our Sales Enablement team. The Strategist is a key player in driving revenue at #paid and is responsible for providing creative and strategic creator marketing solutions to support the sales team with their business pitches. The strategist brings together experience with digital marketing and a deep understanding of influencer marketing to develop recommendations that will drive success for clients, creators and #paid alike.
If you're successful
- You'll lead the strategic development of RFP response recommendations by using data-driven insights to provide compelling solutions
- You'll manage campaign planning and creative strategy to deliver against Key Performance Indicators for a wide variety of brands across verticals (CPG, Fashion, Food & Beverage, Auto, Finance, Entertainment, Pharma, etc).
- You’ll develop paid media buying plans and provide projections to compliment creative strategy
- You’ll build budgets for creator marketing campaigns and accurately recommend investment strategies to clients
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with to develop stories and narratives that prove the value of #paid to brands and creators alike
- You'll present creative concepts in pitch meetings with the client and agency in a compelling and engaging manner
- You'll work alongside the Sales, Paid Media, Marketing, Insights and Client Experience teams to bring together brand, measurement, and media expertise throughout the sales process
Day to day, you will
- Support the sales team with client presentations by preparing key data points, historical findings and relevant advertiser research
- Solve client challenges by critically thinking and working with your team to produce industry-leading business plans for large customers
- Create all proposal collateral, including the creative and media strategy
- Translate client requests to make recommendations that meet client needs—telling a story that eloquently translates data, breaks down complex information and articulates #paid's values so media plans can be seamlessly sold to the client
- Compile and synthesize discovery materials and tactics, helping to identify strategic insights and opportunities
- Craft impactful solutions and creative recommendations for clients by using research and rationale
To get to this point, you'll need these things
- Embody a behaviour and mindset of driving revenue and retention by creating strong media plan recommendations that are mutually beneficial for clients and #paid's sales business
- Rely on your curiosity and communication skills to uncover the needs of clients and key stakeholders, and position #paid's capabilities in a way that drives buyer interest and, ultimately, revenue and retention
- Translate client KPIs and goals into a data-driven, innovative, and digital-centric influencer media strategy that works with their overall marketing strategy
- Have a solid understanding of the industry and the desire always to be learning more about digital media
- Highly organized and a focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail, analytical and project management skills
- Hungry to learn, persist in the face of setbacks and always looking for new opportunities for efficiency
You're perfect for this role if
- You have over a year of experience as a Strategist in digital planning and buying
- You have experience with executing influencer campaigns and social media strategy, and understand the nuances of the industry
- You are a go-getter. You are keen to be constantly learning and growing, trying to expand your experience within different verticals and navigating the constantly adapting creator marketing industry.
- You are a creative and critical thinker, always seeking out the best stories and narratives for each brand
- You have a solid understanding of the industry and the desire always to be learning more about digital marketing and creator marketing landscape
- You're highly organized and a focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail, analytical and project management skills
Bonus points if
- You have experience in media buying and are comfortable with the social media platforms ad buying interface (Meta, TikTok, Snapchat, Youtube)
- You have agency experience and understand the bigger picture of digital marketing and IAT relationships
Why choose #paid?
- We are a group of passionate and thoughtful people working together to fundamentally change the way brands are built, while empowering creators to make a living doing what they love
- We are growing quickly! Plus, #paid is the second-highest-rated platform on the popular G2 Crowd software review website
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental, and health benefits, team lunches, and socials (yes, even remotely!)
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our team values and are always trying to make #paid a better company today than it was yesterday
- We encourage learning, growth, continuous improvement, and provide the freedom to experiment
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.