Customer Support Representative
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Guusto is on a mission to create amazing workplace cultures, so people get to love where they work.
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs, so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 400% growth since 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 & Capterra with 3000+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Canada Life, Levi’s, Staples USA, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Fairmont Hotels and more.
As a member of our Customer Support team, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented people invested in your growth and development. The Customer Support team provides world class support to our users and customers, and communicates any issues with the platform to our technical teams so that customers are having the best possible experience.
- Salary: $45,000 - $54,000
- Job Type: Full Time Contract (12 months, ending Feb 2025)
- Remote: Yes
- Availability: EST hours or similar, Sunday availability an asset
- Health and Mental Wellness Benefits
- Employee Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Home Office Budget & Monthly Internet Stipend
- Annual Learning & Development Budget, Unlimited Book Budget
- Team Recognition Budget
- Unlimited Vacation & Personal Leave (2 Weeks minimum)
- As well as volunteer days, cultural holidays, and learning & development days
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
In your first 3 months, you will...
- Learn our process for answering and categorizing support tickets
- Work with the Product team and QA team to report bugs and catalog customer feedback
- Become an expert in the Guusto product
- Become an expert with our support tools (Intercom, Hubspot, Jira, Confluence)
- Work with the current team to learn our voice and tone when responding to customer inquiries
- Learn how to triage high priority tickets and when to loop in a Customer Support Manager or higher-tiered support
During your time with us, you will...
- Become empowered to monitor the live chat during core hours to help customers
- Maintain and update the Guusto knowledge base
- Be the internal voice of the customer to Product and Engineering
- Ensure we are always adjusting our practices in response to customer feedback
- Manage customer reviews for Guusto
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Marketing on what features are most important to our clients
- Develop playbooks for the CS Team
- Manage response rates for the CS team and our NPS score
What to expect
- What to expect
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within a week, and you'll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within 10 business days. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, feel free to reach out!
- Zoom Interview: a 45-minute call with Julia (hi, that’s me!) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about Guusto
- Take Home Project: we ask all candidates to complete a take-home project that you will review with Noah during your second interview
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Noah (Senior Customer Support Manager) and Vaughn (Customer Support Representative).
- Final Interview: a 30-minute call with Emma (Director of Customer Success)
- Reference & Background Check: At this point, we will ask for some references to call and will send over a background check as part of our due diligence.
- Offer: Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
As a collaborative and small team, we are looking for someone to provide incredible support to our customers. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement as we continue to build out our Customer Support team and expand our business.
Additional Application Information
We are a fully remote organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces. We are happy to accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada!
We strive to be an inclusive workplace free of harassment and discrimination for folks of all backgrounds and identities. We are an organization committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, and strive to incorporate DEIB at all stages of our candidate and employee experience. Further, if there are any accommodations we can provide to make your experience interviewing with Guusto more accessible and inclusive, please let us know in your application or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Guusto acknowledges that we were founded and many members of our team continue to work on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Click here to learn more about this.