Global Director, People and Culture
Green Tank Technologies
Greentank designs, develops, and manufactures the world’s best vaporization hardware, engineered specifically for the cannabis and e-liquids industries. Quality, safety, and user satisfaction are not only core to who we are, they’re principles that guide the blueprint of how we develop products and how we operate day-to-day. With a focus on technology and innovation, we are seeking to reshape the vaporizer industry, one product at a time. Every member of our team shares a passion for creating the world’s most reliable, high-performance vape hardware. That’s the Greentank difference. Through our Greentank HQ & GT GRAND operations, the Greentank team consists of more than 100 employees, spread across North America, UK and China.
VACANCY: Global Director, People and Culture
Global Director, People and Culture is a strategic leadership role responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's human resources and for fostering a positive and inclusive company culture. This role plays a crucial part in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent, and ensuring the organization operates in compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations. This is also critical for decision support with respect to the company’s growth plans and the related impact those plans have with respect to both current and projected talent.
HR & H&S operations
- Oversee P&C’s department's operations (GT GRAND AND Greentank HQ)
- Coordinate and lead HR and H&S projects globally
- Set departmental objectives and develop KPIs for the P&C team globally
Talent acquisition and retention
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes to attract and retain top talent
- Implement effective talent management strategies, including performance management, succession planning, learning and career development programs
- Periodically travel to provide leadership training sessions and/or recruit specialized employees.
HR metrics and analytics
- Establish and track key HR metrics to measure the effectiveness of HR initiatives and provide data-driven insights to the senior leadership team (SLT) for decision-making
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for the SLT
Employee relations and compliance
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies, procedures, and employment law compliance
Compensation and benefits
- Develop and manage competitive compensation and benefits programs that attract and retain employees
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure HR policies and practices comply with labor laws, regulations, and industry standards (company wide)
- Mitigate and inform the SLT of HR-related risks and maintain legal and ethical compliance (company wide)
- Supporting the SLT in building a culture that represents the Greentank’s values
- Develop and implement HR strategies and plans that support the organization's strategic objectives
- Align HR initiatives with business goals and drive a culture of performance and employee engagement
- Direct the Performance Management process (GT GRAND & HQ)
- Ensure collaboration between GT GRAND and HQ teams to enhance communication, cooperation, and alignment across locations
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive work environment where team members feel valued, motivated, and empowered
- Develop employee engagement initiatives, such as mentorship programs, training and development opportunities, and recognition programs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Provide constructive support, advice and project rollout updates during leadership meetings
- Create a positive atmosphere by demonstrating a growth mindset and set an example to embody the company's values
- Identify and address challenges and obstacles that may impede the company's progress. Leaders should be skilled at finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Assess and manage risks that could impact the company's success. This includes identifying potential threats and developing contingency plans
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as investors, customers, suppliers, and regulatory bodies
- Stay current with industry best practices and leadership trends, and continue to develop your own leadership skills
- Day to day employee Management – managing team’s time, queries, administrative etc.
- Identification and promotion of high potentials and talent
- Regular management of direct reports - 1:1s, appraisals, learning/coaching plans define
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or STEM field
- Extensive experience (typically 10+ years) in progressively responsible HR roles, with a focus on strategic HR leadership in North America and China
- The ability to operate effectively within a geographically dispersed organization
- High-level understanding of global compensation approach
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment local laws and regulations in North America and China
- Strong understanding of talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, and learning and development strategies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Strong executive presence and a proven track record of effective partnership with business leaders and an excellent people manager who can build high performing, collaborative and engaged teams
- Excellent business acumen and can translate business requirements into HR priorities, solutions, actions and result
- Fluency in English, Mandarin speaking abilities are a plus.
- A competitive salary of $ 120,000.00 CAD per year
- Comprehensive health package and other benefits await the right candidate.
- ESOP program
- Custom built modern workspace in the heart of Liberty Village
- Office beverages & snacks provided
- A highly innovative and enjoyable team culture
HOW TO APPLY:
**This is a highly specialized role, so please apply ONLY if you meet the requirements
Working at Greentank is fun, creative, and supportive within a fast-paced environment. Only those who we feel meet our criteria will be contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full time (40 hours per week), Permanent
Location: 102-135 Liberty Street Toronto, Ontario M6K 1A7