Green Tank Technologies
Greentank designs, develops, and manufactures premium vaporization hardware, engineered specifically for the cannabis industry. Quality and innovation are core to what we do and who we are. We work directly with licensed producers, cultivators, and brands to power their extracts and provide a better vaping experience. Supported by some of the most reputable investors in the cannabis industry, Greentank has quickly become a trusted, sought after name in cannabis vaporization hardware.
The Chemical Scientist is responsible for adapting, researching, and optimizing THC Oils necessary to increase the sophistication, effectiveness, and performance of Greentank’s vaporizer technology.
- Participate in the establishment of chemical analysis system at Greentank Lab for e-cigarette- and THC Vaporizer-related analysis.
- Develop and validate new chemical analytical methods as needed.
- Revise and update the test methods as needed.
- Conduct e-cig and THC related analysis and prepare the report.
- Make a test plan for the out-source analysis as needed.
- Classify and store the samples from GT another department and schedule the testing.
- Research new materials which can be used in next generation heating technology for vaporizers.
- Develop new material testing concepts, criteria, and procedures.
- Tracking industry trends of global e-cigarette/THC vaporizer regulations to assist to establish Greentank standards to compliance with domestic and international regulations requirements.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge research pertinent to Greentank-related industries.
- Provide scientific and technical insights to Leadership to support business strategy.
- Work across functionally and collaboratively to advance team objectives.
- Prepare other technical documents like lab safety operation guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or Masters with a focus in Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental Analysis and/or Materials Science.
- Have working experience in medium and large enterprises in the pharmaceutical, tobacco or food industry, or experience in chemical analysis related work in colleges and universities, research institutions.
- In-depth understanding and rich practice in chemical analysis principles and techniques, e.g., analytical method development and validation, the operation and troubleshooting of analytical instruments such as chromatography and mass spectrometry, and chemical laboratory safety and management.
- Solid knowledge and extensive hands-on experience on the operation of instruments like GCMS, HPLC, TGA-DSC, PSD (Particle Size Distribution) analyzer etc..
- Capacity to independently execute the non-target analysis like flavor profiling and released volatiles from heated plastics by HS-SPME-GCMS system and peak identification/interpretation using standard mass database.
- Familiar with Health Canada and US FDA regulations on tobacco and e-cigarettes
- Familiar with WHMIS and chemistry lab waste management
- Five or more years of combined academic and professional experience in chemistry Lab
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes of tobacco, e-cigarettes, or cannabis products
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Self-driven and proactive nature
- Demonstrated judgement and strategic thinking
- Experience in building work instructions and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits coverage
- ESOP program
- Custom built modern workspace in the heart of Liberty Village
- Office beverages & snacks provided
- A highly innovative and enjoyable team culture
Greentank is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about providing a safe workplace where everyone is accepted and has the opportunity to grow with us. We are committed to making diversity and inclusivity part of our culture!