Finance & Legal Assistant
Making the world more fun, playful, and human.
Inspired by scavenger hunts and evolved by our customers, Goosechase is a SaaS platform that empowers creators to engage, activate and educate their communities through delightful interactive experiences. From teachers wanting to engage their students to HR teams needing to breathe life into stale onboarding processes, Goosechase helps people bring their communities together, have a ton of fun, and learn or achieve something along the way. It’s pretty awesome!
Who are we?
Given that everything we do is about bringing people together, it's probably no surprise that at Goosechase we love to collaborate on creative challenges, brainstorm and test new ideas together, and have a really good time along the way. We may not all live in the same town, country or even on the same continent, but we’ve never let a little thing like geography get in the way of building lasting relationships. Even as an asynchronous, flexible and (dare we say) lively team, our sense of vision, purpose and values is what binds us together.
So what exactly is this job?
Goosechase is carving out a new category and defining what an interactive experience platform is. Working closely with Alex, our Head of Legal, Finance & Operations and our wider Revenue, Product & Operation teams, this role will be key to driving and fulfilling that purpose.
As our Operations Assistant you will be responsible for elevating our customer journey and generating invaluable insights along the way to shape our business growth. This includes enhancing our payment capabilities and improving our forecasting accuracy.
We’re fortunate to have some of the most passionate people on the planet as our customers and colleagues. By using your in-depth understanding of financial data as well as your interest in legal & compliance matters, you’ll be making Goosechase not just an amazing product, but a launchpad for the interactive experiences movement.
Enough about us, over to you
We understand that relevant experience comes in all shapes and sizes and the ability to do the job is really what matters. With that in mind, we aren’t going to put together a generic list of all the requirements that we’re looking for with this job, but here are a few things that you might want to ask before deciding if we are right for you:
- You enjoy data modelling and would love more opportunities to flex your skills in this area;
- You have previous experience of using Quickbooks, Xero and/or Oracle for bookkeeping and reconciliations;
- You love to use your initiative to improve forecasting accuracy and streamline reporting processes;
- You’re familiar with the North American legal landscape and understand basic privacy law;
- You enjoy getting under the skin of data analysis;
- You have a working knowledge of French and/or Spanish;
- You are a permanent Canadian resident;
- You ideally want a salary range of $50-55,000CAD (but let's talk if this doesn't quite fall within your range);
- You can get down with an uncomfortable amount of goose puns.
Ok the last one isn’t super work related, but we honestly do have a lot of goose puns. It’s one of our favourite parts of our culture.
Why we think we’re great
We care deeply about working with amazing people, and have set up our company culture specifically for that.
- We work remotely and flexibly because we wanted our people to have the flexibility to live wherever and however they wanted!
- The health & wellbeing of our flock is important to us: in 2021 we introduced Flock Friday’s, our 4 day work week, and we love them. No goosing around here - four standard days, not four- stretched-so-that-you’re-basically-still-working-five-full-days.
- We are bootstrapped and proud - our growth has been sustainable and focused on what is best for our flock, which is why everyone is eligible for our profit sharing scheme from day 1.
- You get to work in the way that is best for you and our customers, and we will help you with that by providing you with a fund to buy the equipment you need and giving you a monthly co-working office budget.
- Want to aim higher? Great, we’ll give you a personal and professional development budget to keep you at the top of your game.
Interested? Great, here’s a little more information about our hiring process:
Once you’ve submitted your CV, suitable applicants will be contacted by a team member for a 30-45 minute call.
For successful candidates, this is then followed up by a take-home task and an opportunity to meet with Alex and a few of your future colleagues to deep dive into the task and your experience.
From there it's a culture interview with key team members to get to know us better and delve into your values and behaviours.
And remember: if you require us to make reasonable adjustments to our application process, please reach out to Natasha, our Head of People who can help.
(Please note that we are not looking for agency assistance on this role and any introductions made will be viewed as a gift).