Business Development Representative
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is looking for a driven Business Development Representative. As a Business Development Representative, you will be a part of our growing Sales Team. You will be working individually and as a team to support our Account Executives and Account Managers. You will be responsible for the outbound efforts of generating qualified leads by using different tools, conducting your own research, and contacting potential customers. Ultimately, you will be focusing on lead generation and qualification to ensure a full pipeline for our Sales Team.
We prefer the successful candidate for this hybrid role be located in the Ottawa area.
If you like what you’ve read thus far, great! Let's dive into the details.
Our team prides itself on surpassing customer expectations, delivering exceptional work product with integrity, and supporting the career growth of champions, we never forget the importance of a healthy work life balance that gives personal priorities as much weight as the job. We believe that when your take care of your people, they come back and crush deliverables with creativity, integrity, and passion.
What You’ll Get:
- A welcoming, people first team built to disrupt the market
- The opportunity to drastically improve your skills and experience
- A chance to get your hands on some game-changing products
- Helping customers build infrastructure of the future around the world
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible work environment, including the ability to work fully remote
- Competitive company-paid benefits plan
- Generous professional development budget
- Volunteer and Life Days that make work/life balance easier to achieve
- Your birthday off because we want you to celebrate
- RRSP matching program
- Researching, prospecting and qualifying leads to source new sales opportunities across North America.
- Developing & Executing outbound campaigns including emails and cold/warm calls to the construction industry.
- Scheduling discovery calls and meetings for the other members of sales team.
- Identifying needs and challenges of the prospective customers.
- Identifying new tactics, strategies, and market segments for Giatec to pursue that can lead to new growth opportunities.
- Understanding our product and service offerings to communicate the value to prospective customers
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer facing roles. Experience in IoT, construction, technology or SaaS is an asset.
- Experience with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- Strong ability to multitask and handle various projects.
- Goal driven, independent and self-starter. Excited by working in a scale-up environment where results are expected, appreciated, and well rewarded.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet customer needs.
- Ability to travel within Canada and USA when necessary.
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85 plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.