Ghost is on a mission to deliver modern shopping experiences that unify the elevated in-store experience with the power and convenience of online. Ghost does this by powering one-to-one live video co-shopping experiences that humanize ecommerce, offering the ultimate in online customer experience.
Our team has decades of experience focused on ecommerce and emerging technologies. We've powered hundreds of global launches and billions of transactions for major brands. As innovative, solution-oriented leaders, we saw the struggles brands faced when it came to bringing the richness of in-store service to online customers. We’ve turned the scrolling, chatbot popups, and impersonal clicking of a typical online shopping experience into an engaging, human interaction layered on top of a seamless co-browsing platform that drives genuine results.
Join our world-class team in transforming the future of the online shopping industry.
Who we need
Our team believes being first to market with quality is imperative. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, we are looking for an iOS Developer to join our team. You will build features and code improvements to enhance the live shopping mobile application for sales associates and customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a collaborator with an interest in test-driven development (TDD) and paired programming.
What’s in it for you
Impact, influence, and career growth. We are an early stage startup with amazing traction, moving fast, and building a scalable platform with billions of dollars running through it. Our mobile app team is small, nimble, and growing, led by a manager who will support your professional growth. This is a chance to demonstrate your ability to be a collaborative team player, helping your colleagues, navigating the organized chaos, and offering insights into priorities and best practices. Your work will be valued and recognized and your career opportunities include moving into a Senior Developer or Team Lead role.
What you will do:
- Develop. You will use Swift and modern tools to build new features and optimize existing functionality for our iOS live-video shopping application. You will consider scalability, reliability, and security, adhering to best practices in application development following an Agile methodology.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with your team, Product Managers, and QA, attend daily standups, and contribute to Sprint planning. You will take requirements and translate them into code; refactor code adhering to proper guidelines; and optimize the performance and responsiveness of our app.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have worked across the SDLC and have a demonstrated ability to build secure and scalable commercial applications. Whether you are used to the hustle of a startup or the processes of a bigger organization, you come with a passion for solving complex problems with innovative technology.
- The interpersonal skills. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You can efficiently work across teams both in-person and remotely. You are inspired by a start-up environment and can rise to the challenge of competing priorities, supporting the team where needed.
- The growth mindset. You are a critical thinker who is both analytical and creative. You continuously pursue the latest technical knowledge, approaches, and best practices.
Mission-driven. Product first.
As part of Ghost, you will be part of a collective focus to drive change in the online shopping ecosystem using best-in-class data and technology.
If you want to transform an industry and actively solve our customer pain points, working in partnership with our clients alongside resilient creators and innovators, you will love it here.
Empowering our people.
Our leadership team is involved in the day-to-day and is acutely aware of the need to create an engaged - and happy - team. We prioritize collaboration, accountability, and flexibility.
Creating solutions and shaping our direction requires teammates eager to speak up, try new ideas, fail fast, and learn from those lessons. We foster a culture of open (virtual) doors and open-to-feedback, with communication playing a critical part in all that we do.
We care about outcomes, not work styles — and entrust our employees with the flexibility to work however is best for them to achieve our shared mission. We want our teammates to live balanced, fulfilling lives at and outside of work.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture and a priority at Ghost Retail. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest here. Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process