GHGSat offers greenhouse gas detection, measurement, and monitoring services to industrial and government customers around the world. We use our own satellites and aircraft sensors, combined with third-party data, to help industrial emitters better understand, control, and reduce their emissions.
GHGSat’s capability is unique: we provide high-resolution, local measurements of atmospheric methane and carbon dioxide concentration from space. This further enables us to detect greenhouse gas emitters and to visualize and quantify their emissions.
As our satellite constellation and number of remote sensing instruments grow to meet increasing international demand for our services, we are looking to expand our Operations team to support the increased volume of data and help scale our processes. Reporting to our Team Lead for Data Products & Delivery, the Operations Technician will process data collected using our Earth observation instruments and facilitate the delivery of products to our customers.
The Operations team has a flexible work environment with the option for remote work (including at any of our offices across the world); however preference will be given to applicants with the ability to work out of our Mission Control Centre in Montreal, QC.
What you'll work on:
- Process data of greenhouse gas measurements from our satellites and aircrafts on a daily basis. You must be capable of understanding the input variables, converting data files and formats, executing code, and interpreting results;
- Perform quality checks on automatically generated data;
- Prepare, validate, and deliver data products and reports to customers, supporting the Sales team as needed in understanding the data products;
- Understand and execute customer purchase orders;
- Work with the Operations team to identify inefficiencies in our operational processes and provide and implement recommendations for improvements.
- Interest in processing remote sensing data and working in an operations environment;
- Ability to listen to and have effective discussions with a multi-disciplinary team (customers, engineers, scientists, program managers, etc.);
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within the team, with minimal direction;
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and organizational skills with an eye for detail and a drive for taking ownership of tasks and the resolution of problems;
- Ability to work effectively in a time-critical environment with Agile system development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to focus on details in routine day-to-day tasks.
Your background (must-have):
- College or university degree in geospatial information system (GIS), physical geography, environmental sciences, or equivalent;
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in an operations environment or in data processing;
- Must be able to obtain Canadian government security clearance;
- Willingness to work in an on-call rotation during off-hours (including weekends).
Would be cool if you have these...
- Knowledge of command lines and working in the terminal;
- Knowledge of QGIS, ESRI enterprise, ESRI online, and/or ArcGIS Pro;
- Knowledge of Salesforce;
- Knowledge of remote sensing and space;
- Experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in project management;
- Competence with databases.
Extra cool if you have knowledge in...
- Proficiency with programming in Linux, Python, or SQL;
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS), or mapping;
- Interest in atmospheric sciences, remote sensing systems, and space.
GHGSat offers a creative and highly motivating work environment in the heart of Plateau-Mont-Royal. We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex-time and continuing development. We are an open and transparent company, and we are committed to preserving a diverse work environment.
Please submit your application via LinkedIn including a cover letter and résumé.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.