Account Executive - US Government Sales
This role is open to candidates located in Toronto (ON), Washington (WA) or London (UK).
GHGSat offers greenhouse gas detection, measurement, and monitoring services to industrial and government customers around the world. The company uses its own satellites and aircraft sensors, combined with third-party data, to help industrial emitters better understand, control, and reduce their emissions.
As GHGSat continues its journey to build the world's leading geospatial atmospheric data platform, we are seeking Account Executive for our satellite derived methane monitoring products. These products help companies across commercial sectors identify and analyze methane gas emissions helping them proactively mitigate and manage the risk of loss of their valuable product.
As an Account Executive at GHGSat, you’ll be spearheading initiatives selling our solutions, along with our vision of helping our customers dramatically reduce the risks and impact of methane gas emissions across key verticals. We’re looking for those who love building new relationships with senior business owners and decision makers (CTOs, CEOs, Heads of Operations and Business Unit owners) about using our monitoring and data solutions and running the overall strategic relationship with these customers (including white space identification, contract negotiations, etc.)
What you’ll do
GHGSat is looking for an excellent teammate who has shown success in prior roles. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Business Development to build a robust territory plan to grow existing government accounts and breakthrough at greenfield accounts
- Manage opportunities and pipeline, ensure consistent sales reporting for the government business
- Prospect public sector prospects and customers, contribute to the fast-growing business, and source new opportunities to provide GHGSat’s solutions to.
- Driving opportunities for product use cases around data, analytics, and emissions monitoring.
- Deliver the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. You will build customer trust in GHGSat and our solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale.
GHGSat values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most of the required qualifications to apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or other relevant background
- 5+ years experience selling solutions to Oil & Gas, Waste Management, Mining and/or Financial Services
- Strong track record of sales performance
- Experience building and selling SaaS, Data and Business Analytics solutions
- Strong team selling skills that involve cross functional teams of generalist AEs, product management, and executive sponsors.
- Hands-on, passionate, and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success, focusing on creating value
- Strong understanding of metrics and KPIs
- Higly visible, excellent communicator and presenter able to gain confidence of c-level audience
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an enterprise’s emissions solutions’ needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Ability to learn, embrace change, and be a team player
- Traits of Great Account Executives
- Fluent with technology - Must be comfortable with both using and selling the technology
- Understands the value of the product - Can convince prospects of the true value of the technology
- Knows the ideal customer profile inside and out - Knows how to look for specific customer characteristics
- Values long-term customer success - Always looking to help the business succeed overall, not just them
- Always minimizes discounts - Reps who focus on the value of the product, not the price
- Understands venture capital and how it impacts working for a VC back company - Great SaaS sales reps can reassure prospects that their business will be there tomorrow, next month, and years from now.
- Creates strong connections with customers - Great written and verbal skills - The best SaaS sales reps can engage prospects through email and the phone almost as well as traditional reps can close deals in person.
GHGSat offers a creative and highly-motivating work environment. We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex-time and continuing development. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. GHGSat is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.