Lead Technical Services Project Manager
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Lead Technical Services Project Manager who will be responsible for organizing, coordinating and providing oversight on interdependent strategic projects, and delivering desired program objectives and outcomes for projects across Geotab. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Lead Technical Service Project Manager, your key area of responsibility will be to work with EPPM Managers to formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects, align projects and programs to portfolios and assist in the prioritization and resourcing of work. You will also be required to provide regular status reports to key stakeholders to ensure programs are on time and that each project is progressing onwards with its specific contribution to the overall objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work with EPPM Managers to formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects. Align projects and programs to portfolios and assist in the prioritization and resourcing of work
- Work with executive leadership to drive and decide on suitable strategies to meet corporate or program-related objectives.
- Responsible for overall program execution success, serving as the main point of contact for senior management and stakeholders.
- Coordinate cross-project activities, ensuring alignment to program objectives and corporate goals. Manage and control deadlines, budgets and activities.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Assess program performance, alignment to portfolio and corporate objectives and maximize ROI.
- Resolve projects’ critical scope issues or roadblocks.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to the team as a SME.
- Provide direction, coaching and mentorship to other project managers and the project team.
- Engage in the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Collaborate and support EPPM managers and employees during the performance management process, to develop and meet KPAs and career development plans for members of the team.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 10+ years experience in Information Technology or related fields.
- 8+ years experience in Project Management or similar role with experience running complex projects and programs.
- 1-3+ years of experience in Program Management.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering, Business, Commerce, Computer Science or a related field.
- Certifications in Lean, ITIL, Project Management, Program Management and/or Scrum or equivalents highly desired.
- Certifications in Business/Technology areas such as CISSP, CISA, GCPCA, CSCP, CBAP, etc. (Relevant experience will be considered)
- Strong knowledge and experience working on high-technology projects/programs within a technical or engineering organization/ industry is required.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Broad knowledge of agile, project and program management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of agile/program/project management software (Jira, Wrike, Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.