Sales & Business Development
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Tax Manager who will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and filing for all corporation and commodity tax entities at Geotab globally. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Tax Manager you will be the point contact for all tax authorities globally and will also be responsible for managing tax compliance globally. You will also play a critical role in tax planning related to global expansion.
The ideal candidate brings strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, and has a knack for prioritizing effectively and pivoting easily as the landscape evolves.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and filing for all Canadian (Federal & Provincial) corporation and commodity tax returns.
- Coordinate and review filings for all United States (Federal & State) corporation and commodity tax returns.
- Manage requests from tax authorities (Canada Revenue Agency/Internal Revenue Service) as well as requests from internal and external auditors.
- Manage and lead tax planning for global expansion.
- Oversee Global tax compliance.
- Assist with tax modelling and partner proactively with external tax advisors to identify opportunities to minimize corporate taxes, indirect taxes, and recommend best practices.
- Prepare month end tax provisions and calculate any installment payments that are due.
- Manage transfer pricing policy to ensure inter-company transactions are prepared in compliance with guidelines.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years of experience managing Tax in a Finance function.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and TaxPrep.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Finance or a related field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant certification is highly valued.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.