Senior Group Product Manager
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Group Product Manager responsible for setting the strategic product vision for Geotab’s platform product portfolio, and management of Product Managers in driving toward this vision. The foundations of our products are pivotal to enabling value creation for our customers. With many shared experiences across these product suites, this role will focus on the strategy for strong foundations to enable continuous innovation across these experiences alongside product leadership. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Group Product Manager your key area of responsibility will be establishing roadmap priorities and alignment to company and product strategy. You will motivate, supervise and lead a team of Product Managers to achieve business goals from ideation to implementation. In addition, there will be a heavy focus on upskilling & mentoring the product managers and contributing to improvements to best practices and processes across the Product Management team. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Product, Development, Sales, and Support teams. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in product management with a desire to manage both products and people. In addition, you will be an experienced leader with strong written and verbal communication skills.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Responsible for product roadmap development for the platform experiences across Geotab product suites along with the individual Product Managers; Establishes roadmap priorities and alignment to company & product strategy.
- Encourages a culture that values and prioritizes research-backed and customer-focused practices.
- Collaborates with internal teams on competitive positioning and market development for Geotab platforms unique differentiation.
- Develops relationships with key team stakeholders such as sales, marketing, product design, development & product delivery to set the team up for success.
- Develop strong relationships with partners & customers and internal customers to aid in product development.
- Provide oversight, direction and mentorship to Product Managers to help grow their skills, expertise & knowledge and to align to company goals.
- Contribute to helping develop and improve processes of the overall product management team in conjunction with other Group Product Manager’s to enable overall success of the team .
- Manages team expectations with regards to task assignments and work arrangements.
- Responsible for hiring and resource management of team members.
- May take on individual contributions to product development as needed.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to the team as SME.
- Oversee the activities and performance of direct reports:
- Provide direction, coaching and mentorship to the team.
- Engage in the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Collaborate and support employees during the performance management process, meeting KPAs and career development planning.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 7-10 years working experience with focus in product management & people leadership valued.
- Experience with hardware product development with strong understanding of customer & market research requirements.
- Experience in B2B, SaaS environments an asset.
- Strategic mindset, with a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Proven experience leading and managing high performing teams in a cross-functional business matrix environment.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization is an asset.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong project management and organization skills to be able to identify needs, develop solutions and manage products from discovery to launch.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- Leadership experience in a team-oriented workplace.
- Success with coaching and development of employees.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience required.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.