Product Marketing Manager, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Marketing & Communications, Product
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) line of business at Geotab who will lead the overall market messaging and positioning for ITS products for the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Product Marketing Manager, ITS you will be the champion driving the ongoing refinement and elevation of best in class messaging for the transportation analytics platform, Altitude. You will understand the target audience, their everyday challenges, and succinctly explain how Geotab ITS can help solve their problems. Success in this role will be defined by the delivery of key product messaging and positioning, effectively understanding the competitive landscape and supporting the segment marketing, business development and product teams.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Position and market Geotab ITS and the Altitude platform through clear, compelling industry value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with the market.
- Create engaging marketing programs / material (sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts) that articulate the benefits of the Altitude platform and the insights it provides.
- Conduct thorough market research to understand customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape. Analyze data to identify opportunities, challenges, and key market segments.
- Stay updated on industry developments and competitor info. Ensure all product marketing documentation is up to date.
- Work closely with sales and product teams to develop product pricing models, key messaging and value proposition by segment.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on product features and benefits.
- Responsible for building and executing Go-To-Market strategy with key stakeholders.
- Propose product features and new product capabilities to the product team.
- Use data driven insights to monitor, analyze and refine marketing approaches and provide insights for continuous improvement.
- Lead the efforts in building an ongoing library of competitive intelligence to enable business development and product teams to make more informed decisions.
- Act as a liaison between various internal departments to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience, preferably in transportation analytics, SAAS, big data products or telematics.
- Strong practical knowledge of all components of Product Management from problem validation, product inception, launch and to commercial success.
- Process/project management acumen with a proven track record of managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, growing environment, identify potential roadblocks and proactively mitigate the delay of deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable with delivering presentations.
- Thrive in working in cross functional teams, and possess strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business.
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and analytical skills to effectively promote our products and drive revenue growth
- Commitment to results by consistently achieving set goals, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- A proven track record of successful go-to-market strategies and execution and managing end-to-end product launches in the market.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.