Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
Are you passionate about orchestrating exceptional events? Do you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments?
Geotab is seeking an Events Specialist to work with both our internal and external event teams. If you're someone who loves the intersection of technology and event management, has a knack for organization, and keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As our Event Specialist, you serve as a key player within the Events Team, ensuring events are executed flawlessly, on time, and within budget. You will foster and maintain relationships with external stakeholders and other internal departments. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, great organization, and be able to bring creative ideas to the table.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work with Events Team members in planning, designing and implementing a variety of trade shows/events and managing project delivery elements within predetermined timelines.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Revenue Generation (Sales), to ensure strategic alignment of goals
- Assist with all event details such as facility and venue, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, contract negotiations, equipment, promotional materials
- Keep all documents current and ensure brand standards are met throughout.
- Record budgets for events and update trade show/event calendar with all relevant event information.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day.
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations/surveys and report on outcomes.
- Communicate with Stakeholder, Content, Design, Web, Video and Communications Teams for any and all event deliverables as required to ensure branding and content consistency.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
- Work directly with Swag Coordinator to manage the swag programs at Geotab (External, internal, staff & Swag Store).
- Develop skills necessary to plan online/virtual trade shows and events.
- Continuously upskill to learn new event trends and opportunities.
- Become an SME with regards to the platforms that Geotab Events team supports (iCapture, Sendoso, Pheedloop etc.)
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years experience in Event Mangement
- CMP Designation (Certified Meeting Planner) highly valued
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience required
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.