Cash Application Specialist
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Cash Application Specialist who will play an integral role in ensuring the overall success of the Accounts Receivable team. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Cash Application Specialist you will be responsible for a variety of AR duties including account reconciliations, processing credit card payments and handling AR disputes. To be successful in this role you will be a team player with strong communication skills.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Review and reconcile daily, all customer payment files and automated processes for all forms of payments.
- Handle cash application disputes – i.e. research misapplied payments, missing cheques or unidentified cheques and apply correctly or refund.
- Handle AR disputes – i.e. research unapplied credits and apply or reverse as needed.
- Process credit cards (recurring monthly and daily one offs)
- Process ACH debit transactions.
- Proactively communicate with clients with expiring payment instructions such that when the billing is due the payment may be received on time.
- Contact customers to obtain payment remittance backup and / or determine proper payment application as necessary.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 1-3 years of experience.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High spoken English level.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to; Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Excel.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry an asset.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.