Senior Learning Facilitation Specialist
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Learning Facilitation Specialist who will be instrumental in shaping and advancing the company's in-person leadership development programs. Your primary focus will be on the core responsibilities of in-person facilitation, managing logistics, and the design of impactful learning solutions for Geotab leaders. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Learning Facilitation Specialist your core responsibilities will include designing and facilitating in-person leadership programs (based in Oakville, ON), managing program logistics, assessing and improving the program content and developing or facilitating other learning solutions. This role requires experience in leadership within a corporate setting, proven expertise in conducting leadership training programs, the capacity to engage and influence leaders, and the competence to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to align learning solutions with business objectives.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Training Delivery and Facilitation: Deliver high-quality, interactive, in-person training sessions in a classroom environment using a variety of methods such as practical exercises, engaging activities, and group discussions. Facilitate training across different platforms: live classroom, onsite, web/video conferences, and one-on-one sessions.
- Program Development and Content Creation: Develop an internal leadership development program for new and senior leaders, focusing on essential management and leadership skills. Design and create interactive, high-quality learning content for remote and classroom settings, including lesson plans, participant workbooks, facilitator guides, eLearning modules, and evaluations. Employ instructional systems design methodology and adult learning theory in program design.
- Program Coordination and Logistics: Coordinate logistics for training programs, including scheduling, materials preparation, and venue arrangements. Develop and maintain standardized methods, tools, and templates for diverse delivery platforms.
- Evaluation and Continuous Improvement: Implement and support evaluation strategies to assess the impact and effectiveness of leadership development or learning programs. Continuously improve learning programs using feedback, surveys, and performance metrics.
- Stakeholder Collaboration and Strategic Alignment: Work closely with stakeholders to align learning solutions with business needs. Provide learning consulting to assess, design, develop, and implement effective training in line with Geotab’s strategy.
- Strategic Growth and Planning: Lead the expansion of leadership development programs, including potential extension to partner or product training. Develop project plans for building learning programs and curriculum to address identified gaps.
- Expertise and Best Practices: Keep up-to-date with best practices in adult learning and technology-based learning. Provide advice and guidance on design challenges, performance gaps, and recommend solutions using research methodology and assessment tools.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 4+ years of experience in delivering and evaluating learning and development programs.
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise in developing, delivering and facilitating leadership training programs.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a corporate environment is an asset.
- High technical aptitude with the ability to quickly learn new systems. Advanced skills in eLearning authoring tools like Camtasia, Rise and Storyline, along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite.
- A strong passion for teaching, motivating, and coaching, and the ability to build robust working partnerships across the organization.
- Excellent organizational abilities with a focus on quality, detail, and accuracy. Capable of managing multiple high-priority tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability in embracing and leading change, even at short notice. Ability to work with tight deadlines and enhance training processes to meet operational needs.
- A highly energetic team player with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, adept at training diverse audiences.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to identify needs, develop solutions, and manage projects to completion.
- Passport is required.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.