Senior Project Manager
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing key cross-functional projects and initiatives that vary in scope and complexity with impact on several business areas across the organization.If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Project Manager your key area of responsibility will be ensuring projects produce the required deliverables of quality, within specified time constraints and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. The Senior Project Manager also contributes to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. You will need to work closely with various teams within Geotab’s Technical Services department to accomplish project objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills and have proven experience leading infrastructure projects.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Responsible for overall project execution success, serving as the main point of contact for client and senior management for the project.
- Support all aspects of the implementation and progression of assigned projects, from original concept through project closure activities.
- Provide leadership for a project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Coordinate definition of project scope and objectives.
- Assist in defining the resources required to support the project.
- Define high-level work plans, key project tasks and deliverables, and manage the integration of resources and knowledge across projects and tasks.
- Manage all Issues, Risks and Changes; i.e., resolution and mitigation plans, change requests.
- Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Partner with the business and act as the liaison between the customer and Technical Services.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues — communicating across leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date project document repository.
- Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholders including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Participate in establishing best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards and practices and serve as a key contact in the escalation process.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering or a related Technical field.
- Professional certification in Project Management (PMP) is required
- Technical Certifications : i.e., CISSP, CISA , Cloud Certifications or equivalent is highly valued
- 5+ years of experience in project management within a technology-focused industry
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- JIRA experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, oral, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding a team accountable for performance.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Fluent in Spanish is an asset.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.