Senior Data Intelligence Advocate
Legal, Data Science
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Data Intelligence Advocate who will conceive, launch and execute a strategy to increase awareness and knowledge of customers, partners and Geotabbers about Data Intelligence messaging, data and AI capabilities, data products and services, driving product adoption and revenue growth. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
The Senior Data Intelligence Advocate will work closely with Product Management, R&D, Product Marketing, Business Development and other Market-facing teams to enhance Geotab's recognition as a data, analytics and AI technology leader in the fleet management and connected vehicle market, supporting Geotab's business models and continued growth. For success in this role, reliable problem-solving skills, creativity, communication and keen insight are invaluable skills.
How you’ll make an impact:
- The primary role is to execute a strategy to raise awareness and knowledge of data intelligence capabilities and products, to external and internal stakeholders, driving product adoption and revenue growth.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing to develop effective strategies and tactics to promote Geotab Data Intelligence.
- Work to understand current innovations within the R&D (and other technical) teams in D&A to promote their work and raise Geotab’s eminence in the AI space.
- Create data intelligence content such as presentations, videos, courses, etc. in collaboration with Product Marketing, Data Education and Learning Design.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and other internal departments to develop creative data intelligence briefs and assets that can be used internally and/or externally.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create competitive messaging using data intelligence capabilities and Geotab data products.
- Run training sessions with teams, managing partners and customers (Marketing, Revenue Generation, Customer Solution Services) to deliver data intelligence messaging and the what and how of Geotab data products.
- Clearly communicate the why for data intelligence and for each data product effort, and educate other stakeholders on the problems to be solved, business objectives, etc. Leverage this in collaboration with Sales, Partner Managers, Training Teams, Customer Support, etc.
- Participate in meetings with partners and/or customers to deliver data intelligence messages and the what and how of Geotab data products.
- Deliver awareness and knowledge initiatives such as bootcamps, webinars, articles, etc.
- Attend conferences to deliver Geotab and data intelligence messages to reinforce our leadership position.
- Work with leading AI institutes to drive strategic partnerships and collaboration
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or a related field highly valued.
- 8-10 years experience in product management, product strategy or product sales
- Experience in a SaaS environment is highly valued.
- Strategic mindset, with a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.