Full Stack Software Developer
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Software Developer who will develop high level code with attention to system integration and scalability. You are able to create representations for functions and user interfaces. You will ensure that the software meets all requirements of design, quality, security, extensibility etc. You have the ability to take the solution all the way to the finish line.
What you’ll do:
The Software Developer will be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform that makes sense of the data collected by custom-built hardware. This position will involve supporting developers by configuring and expanding the automated testing which validates platform functionality.
How you'll make an impact:
- Define and design new functionality in collaboration with other members of the development team.
- Perform Test-Driven and Security-Driven Development.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews and ensure that coding standards are followed.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, debug logs or performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Participate in development of prototypes, minimum viable products and PoCs.
- Direct team-wide maintenance of code quality, organization and automation.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotating schedule.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Proven experience with using Linux, C# and experience with object-oriented design, unit testing, optimization and multithreaded programming.
- Understanding of database design and query optimization.
- Experience with RESTful API design and development.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including version control (Git), testing, and code reviews.
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.