Salesforce Solution Architect
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
Geotab is seeking a talented and experienced Salesforce Solution Architect to join our team. As a Salesforce Solution Architect, you will play a critical role in designing Geotab’s current and future implementation of the Salesforce Platform in support of our B2B business model. You will use your exceptional communication skills and collaborative nature to translate our executives’ business plans into a technical roadmap. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a creative and detail-oriented person who can solution on the fly, quickly identifying which Salesforce features to leverage during a discovery session. You also keep up with Salesforce’s latest releases and are comfortable presenting your vision to multiple audiences on where Geotab’s implementation of Salesforce needs to be for our long-term success. This role requires a deep understanding of the Salesforce Platform, particularly the Sales, Service, Marketing, Field Service, and Experience Clouds, and strong technical expertise to architect scale-able and robust solutions.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with department executives, serving as their main point of contact, consulting on their ideas and strategies, teaching them functionality, and ensuring the team delivers solutions that satisfy their expectations.
- Collaborate with executive stakeholders to construct a Salesforce roadmap that aligns with their strategies and business plans, along with Geotab’s vision.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions with various stakeholders to understand their strategies and needs, develop scalable solutions, develop story maps, and write technical requirements for the development team to implement.
- Design and document conceptual models including technical architectures, reference architectures, data models, and process maps that align with Geotab’s IT and enterprise architecture standards, and Salesforce’s diagramming framework.
- Work with other technical leads within Geotab to design and agree upon integration strategies between Salesforce and other enterprise systems, including Jira, Dynamics 365, Google Cloud Platform, and other custom applications.
- Ensure Salesforce aligns with data governance policies set by Geotab’s data, compliance, security, and legal departments.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including administrators, developers, business system analysts, and project managers, to ensure thorough documentation, seamless execution, and timely delivery of Salesforce projects.
- Stay relevant by engaging with Salesforce Account Managers and by following the latest Salesforce products, features, trends, and best practices.
- Serve as a technical expert and trusted advisor to guide the Salesforce team and assist in resolving complex technical challenges.
- Develop and execute test plans or support stakeholders through UAT on major projects to validate the functionality, performance, and scalability of Salesforce solutions, ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Team up with the project managers and development teams to manage stakeholder expectations through well-defined scope or timing, effort estimates, and risk assessments.
- Take ownership over the Salesforce platform, its roadmap, your stakeholders, and your projects; doing what’s necessary to achieve your objectives.
- Act as a Product Owner within the Salesforce scrum team by managing the product backlog and defining sprint goals in collaboration with a Business System Analyst.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 8+ years of experience with Salesforce in a mix of customer facing administration and development
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a Certified Salesforce Solution Architect, with hands-on expertise in building technical roadmaps, and designing and implementing multi-cloud solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology , Systems Engineering or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Required: Certified Administrator, Certified Platform App Builder, Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Required: Either a Certified B2B Solution Architect or a Certified B2C Solution Architect
- Preferred: Certified Service Cloud Consultant, Certified Experience Cloud Consultant, Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce platform capabilities, architecture, and integration patterns.
- Proficiency in Apex, Flows, Lightning Web Components (LWC), and other Salesforce development tools.
- Experience with Salesforce integration technologies, such as AppExchange applications, REST/SOAP APIs, middleware, and ETL tools.
- Experience with Jira is an asset.
- Familiarity with agile, waterfall, and hybrid development methodologies. Being a Certified Scrum Product Owner is beneficial.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Firm and decisive, able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences and communicate unpopular decisions when necessary.
- Lifelong learner with genuine interest in new technologies and functionality, pushing the capabilities of existing technologies.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.