Partner Account Manager (Remote)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Partner Account Manager who will work through a reseller model to develop, own and leverage relationships to grow existing reseller accounts.
What you’ll do:
As a Partner Account Manager you will develop strong, collaborative relationships within your reseller network and provide innovative, valuable business recommendations to increase reseller product knowledge, performance and sales activity.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Drive revenue and unit sales through new and existing reseller partnerships to the minimum expected growth.
- Research, prospect, qualify, negotiate and close new reseller partners.
- Monitor and update device orders and activity through Salesforce and maintain opportunities throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts) and appropriate sales activity levels and behaviors.
- Educate and demonstrate Geotab technology (GO device and IOXs, the architecture, and MyGeotab) to prospective resellers.
- Ensure the reseller and Geotab successfully meet agreed revenue, profitability and market share targets.
- Coach and develop assigned reseller network on Geotab solutions via in-person meetings, platform training, webinars and participation in their customer calls and appointments.
- Consistently conduct regular business review meetings with assigned resellers.
- Build Geotab credibility, brand value and trust with assigned reseller network.
- Identify new areas for growth; propose and manage programs and initiatives accordingly.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years experience in technical sales.
- 5-8 years experience in an account management position with a channel sales organization.
- Experience in the telematics industry is an asset.
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements.
- Proven track record in developing new sales and accounts.
- Able to anticipate and understand channel partners’ needs and provide viable solutions.
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Demonstrated success in accurately forecasting account and volume activities, meeting and exceeding goals.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Ability to travel internationally.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab verifies candidates' eligibility to work in the United States through E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCompliance@geotab.com. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC's Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.