Continuous Improvement Specialist (AI)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist who as a key member of the Support Operations team, will be tasked with identifying opportunities for process optimization, efficiency gains, and automation. They will own the AI portfolio, maximizing automation opportunities while maintaining a keen eye on quality and consistency.
What you’ll do:
As a Continuous Improvement Specialist, your key area of responsibility will be to lead process analysis and mapping efforts to identify bottlenecks, gaps, and opportunities for improvement. You will take ownership of the AI portfolio, overseeing AI solutions, managing AI models, and ensuring their quality and consistency. You will also stay informed about industry key practices and emerging technologies relevant to support operations, AI, and process improvement. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Data and Analytics and Business Technology Operations teams. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills to produce and present clear technical specifications, presentations, procedures, and reports. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and knowledge of process improvement techniques.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within Support Operations to understand current processes, pain points, and areas of inefficiency.
- Lead process analysis and mapping efforts to identify bottlenecks, gaps, and opportunities for improvement.
- Utilize Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies to design and implement streamlined processes.
- Champion the adoption of automation solutions, leveraging technology to enhance efficiency and reduce manual tasks.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics to track process improvements and business impact.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scopes, goals, and deliverables.
- Facilitate workshops and meetings to gather input and ideas from team members.
- Prepare and deliver reports, presentations, and recommendations to both operational and leadership teams.
- Actively engage with team members to ensure successful implementation and adoption of process changes.
- Take ownership of the AI portfolio, overseeing AI solutions, managing AI models, and ensuring their quality and consistency.
- Build and manage a comprehensive product roadmap for AI-driven automation initiatives.
- Work hands-on to manage AI models, fine-tune algorithms, and optimize performance.
- Collaborate with data scientists and technical teams to ensure effective AI model management and deployment.
- Stay informed about industry best practices and emerging technologies relevant to support operations, AI, and process improvement.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years experience working in process improvement, business analysis, or related roles.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of a high-technology industry.
- Keen interest in and demonstrable experience with AI tools and how Support organizations can maximize value by implementing solutions that drive call deflection and decreased handle time.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Predictive analytics skills using statistical software and data mining.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and facilitation skills.
- High degree of tenacity, self-motivation, and innovation.
- Ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
- Excellent analytical skills to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills including the ability to produce and present clear technical specifications, presentations, procedures, and reports.
- Experience working in an agile environment is an asset.
- Good understanding of organizational change management.
- Good understanding of project management techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment, multi-task and establish priorities.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or a related field.
- Continuous improvement certification (e.g.Lean or Lean Six Sigma to the Green or Black Belt level) is an asset.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.