Vehicle Systems Engineering
high wycombe, uk
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking Vehicle Systems Engineering to focus on growing Geotab's world class vehicle support. If you like researching new vehicles, reverse engineering their systems and automating the process with software tools, keep reading!
What you’ll do:
The role of Vehicle Systems Engineering entails the crucial task of establishing both hardware and software prerequisites essential for capturing top-tier sensor data from vehicles. This invaluable sensor data serves as the backbone for numerous products at Geotab, enabling us to provide unparalleled customer support on a global scale.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Reverse engineer vehicular systems including electrical, hardware and communications systems and protocols.
- Document and design methods to collect data from vehicles in a way that is digestible by Geotab's hardware and software teams.
- Investigate high priority vehicle data quality issues that interfere with Geotab's products.
- Generate design requirements for the hardware and firmware teams to ensure safe interactions with vehicle control systems
- Create and modify test software and firmware for issue mitigation and feature development
- Execute and document root cause analysis on potential adverse interactions between Geotab’s systems and vehicles
- Support the global reverse engineering vision and process by contributing to the use, design and implementation of the software tooling.
- Use Cloud-based data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery and Google Cloud compute) for automated analysis of vehicle data and identify vehicle support gaps from our products.
- Work with OEMs in a technical capacity to implement custom and proprietary data and diagnostics support in Geotab's products.
- Maintain legacy products, if applicable, and the support of vehicles using those products.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma specialization in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Computer, Systems Design, Automotive or a related field.
- Experience with various vehicle systems, sensors, actuators and including controls systems, diagnostics and electrical/ communications architecture, design and operation
- Experience with automotive diagnostic standards (e.g. SAE J1939, SAEJ1979, KWP/2000, UDS 14229, ISO 27145 WWH-OBD).
- Experience with physical layers (e.g. CAN bus, K-Line/ISO9141, VPW/PWM, Single Wire CAN etc.).
- Experience with vehicle interfacing and analysis tools, automotive diagnostic scan tools and other vehicle development and calibration tools (CANalyzer, CANape, ETAS etc.)
- General experience diagnosing vehicle related problems using conventional tools (probing connectors, harness building, circuit testing).
- Experience with writing and debugging scripts (e.g. Python, Matlab, etc).
- Strong programming fundamentals, and embedded C/C++ considered an asset.
- Experience with workflows for software development.
- Experience with SQL or Google Big Query equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
Work from home and flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Employer pension contributions
Private medical insurance
Generous dental coverage and worldwide travel insurance
Subsidized fitness membership
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Co-pay tuition reimbursement
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.