Software Developer (In Test)
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
You are a skilled Software Developer who specializes or is interested in automated testing and managing CI/CD pipelines. You can complete assignments independently or in a team environment. Your background involves building dependable, large-scale applications with a keen focus on robust testing practices. If you love technology, are passionate about software, SDKs and APIs and are keen on contributing to open source projects - we would love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
The Software Developer's primary responsibilities will revolve around automated performance/scalability testing and maintaining our CI/CD pipeline for our web-based, state-of-the-art, telematics platform that makes sense of the data collected by our custom-built hardware. We receive detailed data and metrics for millions of vehicles and devices globally, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Define, test, and maintain new software applications in collaboration with other members of the development and technical teams.
- Perform Test-Driven and Security-Driven Development.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews and ensure that coding standards are followed.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, debug logs or performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing applications.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotating schedule (if applicable).
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 2 + years of experience with using Linux, automated testing, and object oriented programming (preferrably C# .NET).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Python.
- Working knowledge of CI software such as Gitlab, GitHub Actions, Jenkins etc.
- Working knowledge of containerization software such as Docker, Podman etc.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.