Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Adelaide SA, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
The Partner Technical Support Specialist is responsible for diagnosing and resolving hardware and software-related issues within Geotab Products (e.g. GO devices) and the MyGeotab software platform. This specialized position supports resellers and partners directly.
What you'll do:
The Partner Technical Support Specialist should have a good understanding of customer service and a solid knowledge of various programming languages and big data applications.
How you'll make an impact:
- Support resellers, partners, customers, and internal teams through various communication mediums (i.e., phone, chat and email).
- Technical expert on device errors, network communications, portal configuration and navigation, product implementation and troubleshooting the Geotab hardware and software applications.
- Coordinate with internal departments on the return/exchange process for Geotab devices and accessories.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving connectivity, installation and software inquiries.
- Manage, develop and deliver product service training directly to resellers and customers.
- Provide successful resolution to all customer complaints.
- Report escalating and severe concerns/issues to management.
- Preserve the confidentiality and security of customer data and information.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent work experience. Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field highly valued.
- 3-5 years in customer service/support capacity.
- 3-5 years with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Working Knowledge in utilizing data warehouses (i.e., Google Big Query).
- Expert level Excel skills, including creation of pivot tables and reports.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort speaking with customers by telephone, email and chat.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.