Senior Business Affairs Manager
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Business Affairs Manager who will draft and understand complex contracts as well as document business principles. If you love technology, can manage deadlines, are well organized, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
As a Senior Business Affairs Manager your key area of responsibility will be to identify risks and gaps in sales and operations contracts through the deal process. You will work closely with sales, operations and legal, as well as other internal departments and external partners in order to draft agreements and play a lead role in the facilitation and negotiation of contracts. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communications skills, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. In addition, you will have a strong background in contract management.
How you'll make an impact:
- Document business principles for an opportunity and facilitate the movement of the opportunity through the deal review process.
- Draft agreements and play a lead facilitation and negotiation role in complex multifaceted contract agreements and amendments.
- Review and validate documents/contracts to ensure that all parties involved in the agreement are accepting of the terms presented in the document/contract.
- Work in close partnership with Geotab’s Legal team for review of your contracts/documents.
- Manage and participate in projects related to the management and compliance activities related to commercial contracts.
- Support ongoing continuous improvement initiatives and highlight or pre-empt areas of weakness or action that are needed to alleviate future roadblocks.
- Provide and maintain document status reports detailing expected delivery time-frames and key challenges.
- Read and review contract agreements appropriately and assess potential risks.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering, Business, Contract Negotiation or a related field highly valued.
- 8-10 years of experience in Business Management with proven experience in contract drafting, negotiation, and management.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent drafting ability.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Ability to read and review contract agreements appropriately and assess and articulate risk.
- Experience in the sales and or sales support would be considered an asset.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Multi-language capabilities, including Spanish, French, German and/or Italian is an asset.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
Work from home and flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Employer pension contributions
Private medical insurance
Generous dental coverage and worldwide travel insurance
Subsidized fitness membership
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Co-pay tuition reimbursement
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.