Information Security, Compliance & Risk Specialist
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Our Client is seeking a Information Security, Risk & Compliance Specialist, a professional that will supports the development of information security policies to achieve Geotab’s security goals while ensuring all departments comply with Geotab rules and regulations. The Security Compliance Engineer will ensure all departments of our business are complying with the rules and regulations the company upholds. If you are a compliance guru, a team player, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
As a Security Compliance Engineer, your key area of responsibility will be to support the development of information security policies to achieve the Company’s security goals. In this role you will provide technical drafts for individual policies addressing Programs, Network Connectivity Security, Wireless Security, Incident Handling, and Password Utilization. You will also need to prepare gap analyses for management regarding policies that will advance Our Client’s technology goals and objectives.
To be successful in this role you will be a need to be able to work independently and in a team when required, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex security concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will need to have excellent project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects and programs through to completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop, refine, and implement geotab-wide security policies, procedures, and standards to meet compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures security compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Provide information assurance and subject matter expertise as required in support of panels, committees, and working groups.
- Incorporate findings to develop, update, or revise policies and standards for customers.
- Provide technical drafts for policies that address programs, network connectivity security, wireless security, incident handling, and password utilization.
- Prepare gap analysis for management regarding policies that will advance the Company's technology goals and objectives.
- Perform security audits against the systems, processes, and network infrastructure according to existing security policies and standards.
- Review and analyze audit logs and reports to identify potential deviations and risks.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years experience in information security or privacy program management.
- Working knowledge of system and network security engineering best practices
- Familiarity with basic information security documentation requirements, certification and accreditation processes, and general reporting requirements for industry security standards (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-53).
- Creative mindset.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Professional certification in Information Security from a reputable institution highly valued.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.