Solutions Engineering EMEA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Solutions Engineer with technical background and experience in SaaS/IoT/Tech products, interested in interacting with customers and product related teams within the EMEA region.
What you'll do:
As a Solutions Engineer you will leverage a deep understanding of the Geotab product suite from a technical perspective in order to identify and build solutions best suited for unique customer needs. A critical part of this position is to assist the Geotab Sales Teams in pre-sales opportunities and pilots, interacting and building deep relations with our Customers and Partners. Your key contribution will be to drive the revenue and growth of our business within the EMEA region and global where opportunities present themselves.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the Geotab ecosystem as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support end users and improve understanding of Geotab solutions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with customers to optimize the use of Geotab technology, products and solutions, taking into account specific customer needs.
- Participate and contribute to software development projects in close collaboration with partners, integrators and customers to ensure seamless implementation and deployment.
- Evaluate and analyze customer business requirements to determine feasibility on Geotab's part and propose alternative approaches when necessary.
- Contribute to the design, development and support of new Geotab products and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company's offerings.
- Create and optimize data-driven dashboards for cross-functional use to enable informed decision making and efficient collaboration.
- Provide rapid and accurate technical support to sales teams, responding to inquiries and resolving issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Geotab sales team to identify and deliver effective solutions to customer challenges to help increase revenue and customer retention.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field.
- +3 years of experience in a technical sales or customer support position.
- Strong grasp of technical and business requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make well thought out decisions.
- Experience using SQL or Google BigQuery a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English and second language depending on location (Spanish, German, French...) including confidence in delivering presentations and training.
- Knowledge of automotive engineering and CAN communications will be highly valuable.
- Technical proficiency using software programs, including but not limited to Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Strong written communication skills and ability to accurately document technology solutions while concisely summarizing them.
- Communicative and team player, with strong ability to establish and maintain contacts.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
Flex working arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Fantastic state of the art office
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Public transportation reimbursement Employer pension contributions
Subsidized fitness membership
Co-pay tuition reimbursement
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.