Cloud Networking Architect
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Cloud Networking Architect who will be responsible for designing secure, reliable, scalable, and highly available cloud application and network environments for Geotab. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Cloud Networking Architect your key area of responsibility will be to architect cloud environments, including application and network components, in GCP and AWS, and provide technical leadership on the design and development of cloud native solutions at Geotab running on Kubernetes. You will need to work closely with development teams and other cloud architects to develop solutions that are compatible with Geotab's Cloud Automation environments, focusing on application and network architecture, performance, and security.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have deep understanding of network security best practices, including firewalls, Security Groups, and NACLs
How you’ll make an impact:
- Architect cloud environments, including application and network components, in GCP and AWS, and provide technical leadership on the design and development of cloud native solutions at Geotab running on Kubernetes
- Collaborate with application development teams on architecting, designing, configuring, testing, and deploying cloud native applications in GCP and AWS, with a focus on network performance, reliability, and security
- Manage the configuration and provisioning of GKE/EKS clusters, other managed cloud resources, and cloud networking resources with Terraform
- Use tools such as Gitlab CI/CD and Atlantis to automatically deploy your terraform configurations to the cloud
- Develop and maintain reusable Terraform modules to standardize the use of public cloud services, including network configurations, across the organization and bake in security and operational best practices
- Maintain documentation and network diagrams for all production systems, including application and network components, hosted within the cloud
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex networking issues in collaboration with cloud vendors and internal teams
- Provide technical expertise on cloud technologies, including networking design choices, to meet the requirements of the application and the business
- Initiate research and development of new cloud technologies, including networking technologies, to improve speed to market, reduce costs, and enhance reliability and performance
- Ensure that cloud solutions, including networking components, are architected to meet Geotab’s security guidelines and best practices
- Support contract discussions with public cloud providers regarding network-related services and offerings
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5+ years of experience architecting systems and network components in GCP or AWS environments
- Subject matter expert on GCP and AWS cloud technologies, particularly GKE, EKS, Memstore, ElastiCache, Pubsub, SNS, SQS, CloudSQL, RDS, IAM, VPC Networking, Load Balancers, and CDN
- Kubernetes and Helm experience
- Deep understanding of network security best practices, including firewalls, Security Groups, and NACLs
- Experience with network troubleshooting and monitoring tools, such as VPC Flow Logs, AWS CloudWatch, and Google Stackdriver
- Strong background in network performance optimization and traffic management techniques
- Proficient in Terraform and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools
- Shell/Python Scripting
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through to completion
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.