Senior Business Affairs Manager
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Business Affairs Manager who will identify risks and gaps in sales and wireless carrier vendor contracts, working agreements through Geotab’s due diligence process, while also drafting and negotiating contracts in close collaboration with a variety of internal stakeholders and the Legal team.
If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Business Affairs Manager you will work closely with Finance, Sales, Operations and Legal, as well as other internal departments and external partners and customers. To be successful this individual requires a deep understanding of partnerships and strategic plans that optimize wireless carrier operations, relationships, profitability and global growth. In addition, the individual must be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communications skills, an extensive background in contract management, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Review, negotiate, and manage wireless telecom carrier commercial contracts, as well as revenue impacting agreements.
- Review and validate documents/contracts for gaps and risks and make recommendations.
- Draft complex, multifaceted contract agreements and amendments.
- Communicate provisions of new/updated contracts with various Geotab departments.
- Identify contract matters that are different from Geotab’s standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Legal teams for contractual support.
- Provide document status reports detailing expected delivery time-frames and key challenges.
- Support ongoing continuous improvement initiatives, highlight or pre-empt areas of weakness and/or actions that are needed to alleviate future roadblocks.
- Facilitate the resolution of contractual disputes.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 8-10 years of experience in contract drafting, negotiation and management experience, with 3 - 5+ years in the wireless telecommunications industry.
- Excellent contract assessment, drafting and negotiation skills with knowledge of legal contracting principles and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset, with the ability to problem solve to make well-judged decisions.
- Highly organized, works well under pressure, and is able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- In depth knowledge of network operations working practices.
- Experience in sales and/or sales support would be considered an asset.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?