Marketing & Communications
Oakville, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a RFP Specialist who will perform a broad range of duties/tasks as a member of the RFX team. The main responsibilities for this role will be divided into proposal management, security questionnaire response management, and other RFX project related tasks. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a RFP Specialist you will be responsible for assisting in the development of proposals, bids, quotations for our reselling partners, as well as responding to/completing vendor and security questionnaires and other similar documents describing Geotab’s products and services in response to requests from customers and/or partners. You will also be responsible for managing certain tasks related to driving efficiencies and optimizing tools and resources.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage vendor profile and due diligence requests, security questionnaires and small-medium sized bid proposals.
- Manage the end-to-end RFP process for small-medium sized bids including, but not limited to, creating response templates, conducting kick-off and status calls, delegating reviews, inputting and writing content, working with SMEs on content development, response editing and proofreading, finalizing proposals to ensure a high-quality response, coordinating proposal submissions, conducting debrief calls, and keeping Salesforce records up-to-date and accurate.
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to ensure clear timelines, deliverables and expectations are set.
- Support RFP Managers with meeting minutes, first pass responses on RFPs and proofreading/editing.
- Maintain and update our RFX data in Salesforce, following up with internal teams to ensure records are complete and accurate.
- Assist with the training of new hires/interns and maintenance of the RFX Team Training Materials and Manuals.
- Contribute to the development of content independently and with internal stakeholder teams.
- Contribute to RFX Team Projects such as RFX Quarterly Reports, RFX Toolkit, Training for Internal and External Groups, Annual Surveys, Audits, etc.
- Perform administrative tasks within the RFX team as required.
- Participate in strategic review exercises to assess the efficacy of Geotab’s RFX activities.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 1-3 years of experience in Proposal Management and/or Content Writing.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Highly accurate with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading abilities.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and make sound decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides), MS Office and Adobe.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience required.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?