RFP Manager - 18 Month Contract (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a RFP Manager who will function as a "bid manager" and be responsible for overseeing the development of processes, proposals, bids, quotations and other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests from prospective customers with a special focus on the public sector in North America. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a RFP Manager you will collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, engineering, finance, legal and product teams in order to ensure content is accurate, complete and timely. Alongside managing the proposal/bid process, this role involves content writing, proofreading and editing to support proposal/bid responses. Additionally, as a RFP Manager you may recommend enhancements to Geotab products or services based on inquiries from prospective customers.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Deliver competitive, high quality proposals to Geotab prospects and customers with a focus on government customers at all levels, including US federal, state, local and related agencies.
- Consult, co-ordinate and project manage Geotab resources to assist with large scale opportunities.
- Participate in the RFP life cycle: kick-off meetings, the analysis of requirements and strategy development, risk assessment/mitigation, and the creation of high-quality proposals showcasing Geotab’s value proposition.
- Ensure RFP requirements are reviewed and approved appropriately and that deadlines are communicated to applicable parties and met.
- Ensure approvals procedures and processes are followed.
- Interact with various Geotab teams to ensure accuracy in business and technical responses.
- Maintain and add to the RFP content library.
- Transform business and technical product information into concise, easy to understand written material that is compelling and highlights Geotab’s benefits and features.
- Develop and write new content in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Lead and participate in RFX Team projects, such as Annual RFX Surveys, Quarterly RFX Activity Reports, developing training presentations and materials for internal and external clients.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years of experience as an RFP Manager writing, editing, and coordinating responses to RFPs/RFIs with extensive experience in government bids/proposals.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Experience directly supporting a sales organization.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritize tasks and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent team player with ability to motivate cross-functional teams and collaborate with others to complete tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing for sales/marketing needs in a technical environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM tools (i.e., Salesforce), JIRA and a Proposal Management systems/tools (i.e., Loopio).
- Diploma/Degree specialization in Business, Communications or a related field.
- Professional Certification in Proposal Management (e.g APMP Professional Certification) and NCMA’s Certified Federal Contract Manager designation is highly valued.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab verifies candidates' eligibility to work in the United States through E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCompliance@geotab.com. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC's Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?