Senior Privacy Operations Program Manager (Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Privacy Operations Program Manager who will be responsible for operationalizing Privacy programs throughout the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As the Senior Privacy Operations Program Manager you will be responsible for delivering processes, templates, and standards that will enable privacy compliance and effective monitoring in a consistent manner. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting operational teams as they complete privacy risk assessments and supporting these teams through the design of processes to ensure compliance with privacy regulations globally.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Administer, implement and ensure compliance to data governance frameworks, policies, and standards.
- Deliver the tools, templates and standard operating procedures to support the ease of compliance with privacy policies while considering the agile business environment and culture at Geotab.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for Operational Privacy compliance.
- Liaise with Legal, Security, Operations and Application Development teams across the enterprise to identify areas of risk regarding privacy, develop solutions and drive to completion.
- Assess privacy impact of solutions/programs being delivered by the department.
- Liaise with the appropriate owners of data sources to identify and resolve data privacy issues.
- Contribute to Geotab's thought leadership in the data privacy, data ethics, and governance space.
- Strong understanding around the importance of data privacy and how to ensure that it remains safe.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-7 years experience working as a Privacy Specialist, or a similar role.
- Previous experience in program or project management
- Prior experience in process engineering and workflow management
- Experience with Privacy Compliance requirements - specifically , PIPEDA, GDPR, CCPA/CCPRA and related privacy policies and regulations.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized, self driven and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-secondary Degree
- Professional Certification in IAPP Data Privacy designation preferred.
- PMP, Six Sigma Certification or equivalent experience
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab verifies candidates' eligibility to work in the United States through E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCompliance@geotab.com. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC's Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?