Senior Field Services Specialist (Remote)
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Field Service Specialist who will be responsible for managing relationships with third party installers and ensuring that Geotab solutions are deployed in accordance with company standards. This position requires a highly motivated, well organized and committed individual who can maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers. This position involves working with a team of installation experts to manage Geotab installation programs. If you love technology and cars, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Field Services Specialist your key area of responsibility will be working with customers, sales professionals and installers to ensure installation requirements are understood, priced correctly, delivered on time and in accordance to company standards. You will be responsible to coordinate installation of pilot projects involving complex solution implementation and new product introduction. You will also support in the development of installation guides and instructions that communicate company standards and ensure the updated information is communicated to installers. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Automotive Engineering, Support, and Sales teams, as well as communicate with external customers and resellers. To be successful in this role you will be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly develop rapport with customers and partners. In addition, the successful candidate will have solid knowledge of electronic components and the automotive industry.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work with customers, sales professionals and installers to ensure installation requirements are understood, priced correctly, delivered on time and in accordance to company standards.
- Coordinate installation of pilot projects involving complex solution implementation and new product introduction. Ensure company deliverables meet customer requirements.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams on issue investigations and new solution development.
- Work with Sales and Solution Engineers on RFP responses and pricing for installation services.
- Support Field Service Coordinators in the award of projects to third party installers, set timeline expectations and ensure they are met.
- Support in the development of installation guides and instructions that communicate company standards and ensure the updated information is communicated to the installers.
- Source and qualify new installers, provide installer training for new products and services, resolve installer issues and concerns.
- Participate in installer performance evaluation and audits. Ensure company installation quality standards are communicated and adhered to in the field.
- Author installations audit reports and email to Field Service Vendor Manager at every opportunity.
- Ensure the installation guides, instructions and other important information are communicated to the installers.
- Work with installers to ensure they understand and use the Field Services department price list for installation services.
- When required, perform installations in the field as a part of an installation project or installation training.
- Fulfil installation paperwork requirements: perform photo sets, send out feedback surveys, support Field Services invoicing processes, and update the ticketing system.
- Continually seek and suggest methods to improve systems and processes within the organization, especially as related to installations and onsite services.
- Maintain the installer network database by keeping the database current.
- Prepare periodic Field Service status reports.
- Availability to work different shifts, including weekends if necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years of experience working as installation field service specialist in AVL industry, or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge of electronic components and automotive industry.
- Understanding of vehicle equipment maintenance.
- Experience managing 3rd party contractor relationships.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to solve problems under time pressure with frequent interruptions, and work effectively in a variety of roles with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to learn and absorb new procedural information, and disseminate it to end-users.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with customers and partners.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Diploma/Degree specialization in electrical electronics, industrial management or a related field highly valued.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab verifies candidates' eligibility to work in the United States through E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCompliance@geotab.com. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC's Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?