Site Reliability Engineering
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking Site Reliability Engineering professionals who with training, will be able to quickly contribute to the Site Reliability team. If you love technology, are passionate about engineering support, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
As a part of Site Reliability Engineering, your key area of responsibility will be to provide stellar escalated engineering support and customer service to our core MyGeotab applications. You will support both the MyGeotab software application and the Geotab GO devices, IOX, and other hardware. Geotab receives detailed data and metrics for hundreds of thousands of vehicles every second, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers. You will understand the business impact of incoming tickets and will troubleshoot effectively to resolve technical issues. You will also collaborate with Geotab engineers to resolve software bugs and firmware issues. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.
How you'll make an impact
- Effectively communicate technical solutions to customers during service disruptions.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with development teams to implement fixes.
- Collaborate with team members to improve engineering tools and dashboards for monitoring computing architecture.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks to streamline routine tasks.
- Conduct system tests for security, performance, and reliability.
- Assist in long-term strategic planning to ensure server capacity meets current and future requirements.
- Recommend design enhancements for improving reliability, security and processes.
- Maintain supporting documentation for areas of expertise.
- Monitor servers proactively using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and superior SLAs.
- Plan and execute routine maintenance tasks.
- Conduct post-incident reviews and identify areas of improvement for long term reliability.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotating schedule.
What you'll bring to this role
- 1-3 years experience in Software Development/DevOps/SRE or a similar role.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with a systematic problem-solving approach.
- Experience with Powershell, Python, SQL, and Linux-based systems.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization with knowledge of the high-technology industry considered an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.