Application Support Engineering
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking an Application Support Engineering member who with training, will be able to quickly contribute to the Application Support Engineering team. If you love technology, are passionate about engineering support, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
Application Support Engineering provides escalated engineering support and planning, testing and execution of maintenance tasks. Application Support Engineering supports all of Geotab’s production applications and servers including facilitating the maintenance of normal service operations. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.
How you'll make an impact:
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with development teams to implement fixes.
- Collaborate with team members to improve engineering tools and dashboards for monitoring computing architecture.
- Plan and execute routine maintenance tasks.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks to streamline routine tasks.
- Conduct system tests for security, performance, and reliability.
- Design, test and execute application and server maintenance tasks
- Maintain supporting documentation for areas of expertise.
- Automate repeated tasks
- Conduct post-incident reviews and identify areas of improvement for long term reliability.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotating after hours schedule.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Electrical, Software Engineering or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience in Application/Technical or a similar role Support.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with a systematic problem-solving approach.
- Experience with Powershell is a must.
- Experience with other languages and technologies such as Python, SQL, and Linux-based systems.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization with knowledge of the high-technology industry considered an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.
See more open positions at Geotab
Something looks off?