Software Developer - Backend
As a Software Developer - Backend, you will work closely with solution designers to solve problems and challenges associated with high transactional, high availability financial services that are developed at GBL. You will also be working side by side with a feature team to turn these solutions into reality and ensure product functionality, performance, and availability are not impacted.
You will work with Go, Vue.js, Docker, Kubernetes, and more on projects that leverage the power of microservices. You’ll design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain financial applications.
We truly believe in the importance of a team. You will be a part of a collaborative environment where we learn together, grow together, and win together.
You have a passion for programming and would like to explore creating cutting edge financial applications accepting cryptocurrencies! You have knowledge of blockchain or experience integrating with blockchain, preferably through direct or side projects. You're a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates. You enjoy quickly prototyping and spinning up new systems to take advantage of these fast changing opportunities in the cryptocurrency space.
You’re energetic, and eager to bring your best ideas to the table. You take pride in your own work and accomplishments just as much as in the achievements of your team. You are honest, upfront and don’t take yourself too seriously. You understand the importance of delivering quality and speed for clients, and thrive on delivering success.
About the tech
We love open source, here are some of the tools and technologies we work with in GBL:
- Go / TypeScript / Vue.js
- PostgreSQL / MySQL
- RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Work with the cross functional teams (Product, Design, Devops & Customer support) to define high-level solutions to tech problems
- Backend development pertaining to the integration with blockchains (BTC, ETH, etc) and other 3rd party applications
- Write tests for all your work, and participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Be involved in the research, design, development, testing and documentation of new features and systems
- Brainstorm with solution designers and team members to evaluate applications for new tools and technologies
- Follow code management procedures for proper revision control
- Respond quickly to bugs which made it into production
- Participate in the scrum development process
- Show off your successes at company-wide sprint demos
- Ability to develop software in VueJs / Golang or the desire to learn
- Experience working with Authentication and Authorization tools
- Knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience supporting a large application with multiple customers
- Basic understanding of Security, Data privacy & data protection
Life @ GBL
- Four day work weeks. You read that correctly, true four day work weeks (Monday - Thursday)
- Company shutdown between Christmas & New Years
- Learning and development - we focus on the growth of the team
- Trust - you can’t have great teams without this
- Weekly virtual social events to help promote team camaraderie
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. GBL is committed to supporting inclusion, diversity and accessibility to all employees. We understand and know that diverse teams are strong teams. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know and we will provide a positive experience!